Bottled Water restricted now?

maxamuus

I'm sure there are other cruise lines out there would be willing to take your money if this policy upsets you.

Bill

(snipped)

why is that when anyone has a question or a complaint some people on this board act as if they should go to "other cruise lines" or find another cruise line or whatever??

what is up with that??

all in all many of us will still choose Carnival (when and if we feel like it)

I am really tired however of not being able to make suggestions, complaints without hearing this same drill "find another cruise line"

the OP was asking about the water policy...they never said it was a deal breaker....but still you are brushing them off

>sigh<

Actually my wife asks me the same thing. I'm much older. I know I'm acting juvenile, but your complaints about the company rules are just as juvenile. You can't follow the rules and you don't have to. Stomp your feet a few times...What is so hard about realizing, Carnival is a business and their goal is to make money, from US..

What does Carnival being a business have to do with thinking this new rule is stupid:confused: Kool aid drinker:confused:

What does Carnival being a business have to do with thinking this new rule is stupid:confused: Kool aid drinker:confused:

You can think all you want. Also complain all you want about "unfair" rules. Great. This is America. But I reserve the right to give my opinion. And I have a blast doing it, to see all the wonderful responses I get. So I will continue to be one of the sheep who follows the rules and feels good about it. no matter how ridiculous you think those rules are. Hey, here's an idea, you can go get one of those fantastic towels you are pushing so hard to cry in...hehehe.. Sorry, I had to do it. Now that was funny right there. .

I haven't cruised in a while, but carrying on water is not easy for older people, even in rollerbags as they have to cart them around. I love checking my bags and not having to deal with luggage when boarding, but if I want to bring water, I have to lug it around until my room is available? How do others do it if they are older or have disabilities? I'm thinking of my neighbor who loves to travel even though a stroke left him with only one good arm. To tell him to carryon his 12 bottles of water is just crazy. I can't imagine negotiating embarkation with only one good arm and a rollerbag.

I had planned on checking a bag with 2 cases of water for us on the Magic in Barcelona... will they confiscate my bag? How do they know what is inside until they get it xray and then I'm already on my way to lido or waiting inside to board.

You can think all you want. Also complain all you want about "unfair" rules. Great. This is America. But I reserve the right to give my opinion. And I have a blast doing it, to see all the wonderful responses I get. So I will continue to be one of the sheep who follows the rules and feels good about it. no matter how ridiculous you think those rules are. Hey, here's an idea, you can go get one of those fantastic towels you are pushing so hard to cry in...hehehe.. Sorry, I had to do it. Now that was funny right there. .

You are really 12 years old:p Not complaining here I simply put my water in my checked luggage;) Just informing people that it is still doable...

Just informing people that it is still doable...

And still against the rules. But more power to you. Affects me in no way, just the workers who have to schlepp your bags around. But that's what they get paid for right?

I haven't cruised in a while, but carrying on water is not easy for older people, even in rollerbags as they have to cart them around. I love checking my bags and not having to deal with luggage when boarding, but if I want to bring water, I have to lug it around until my room is available? How do others do it if they are older or have disabilities? I'm thinking of my neighbor who loves to travel even though a stroke left him with only one good arm. To tell him to carryon his 12 bottles of water is just crazy. I can't imagine negotiating embarkation with only one good arm and a rollerbag.

I had planned on checking a bag with 2 cases of water for us on the Magic in Barcelona... will they confiscate my bag? How do they know what is inside until they get it xray and then I'm already on my way to lido or waiting inside to board.

Well since the water other than bottled water on the ship is free, why not try drinking that? It's good purified water. Not a thing wrong with it. Easy and saving the environment just a little bit as well.

Well since the water other than bottled water on the ship is free, why not try drinking that? It's good purified water. Not a thing wrong with it. Easy and saving the environment just a little bit as well.

I remember the tap water from Europe a few years ago and it was undrinkable - very funky taste! I understand the ship water might be better, so I thought of taking a large refillable water bottle like I use at home, but it was too large to tote around all day, a few smaller bottles are easier to distribute. and don't take up space needed for shopping items on the trip back to the ship.

We are on a 9 day cruise with only one sea day. I usually drink 3-4 liters of water a day (times two of us on this trip) and wanted the bottles to take with me on port days. When my son and I cruised to Mexico, they wouldn't let you bring back any opened bottles on the ship - I had only brought one bottle of water thinking I would just refill it onboard, but that didn't happen because they made me throw it away after the first port since it was open.

I remember the tap water from Europe a few years ago and it was undrinkable - very funky taste! I understand the ship water might be better, so I thought of taking a large refillable water bottle like I use at home, but it was too large to tote around all day, a few smaller bottles are easier to distribute. and don't take up space needed for shopping items on the trip back to the ship.

We are on a 9 day cruise with only one sea day. I usually drink 3-4 liters of water a day (times two of us on this trip) and wanted the bottles to take with me on port days. When my son and I cruised to Mexico, they wouldn't let you bring back any opened bottles on the ship - I had only brought one bottle of water thinking I would just refill it onboard, but that didn't happen because they made me throw it away after the first port since it was open.

The water on alot of the ships is funky IMO.........

I guess its just the never ending nickle and diming that pisses me off. This "ban" has nothing to do with heavy bags for the poor porters or bottles water bursting and destroying luggage (how does water destroy luggage anyway?) its just another way Carnival is nickle and diming you.

You can only have your 12 cokes or waters or whatever then you have to buy them from us for 3 bucks a pop!

Honestly Bill i think i will do my cruise on the Breeze next year and then i will take my business elsewhere.

What other mass market line lets you bring any liquids on? RCI's policy is no liquids period. Talk about nickle and dime. At least you can bring on a bottle of wine and 12 waters or sodas. I'm not flaming RCI or any other line. I have 19 cruises on RCI and 28 on CCL. It's just the nickle and diming statement of yours that gets me.

Archived