Bottled Water restricted now?

maxamuus

Cruise Princess..... I just did and they didn't have any of these stupid restrictions that i had to carry water on myself.

There you go:rolleyes: Another problem solved on a Friday. Which restrictions are the not stupid ones?

I guess its just the never ending nickle and diming that pisses me off. This "ban" has nothing to do with heavy bags for the poor porters or bottles water bursting and destroying luggage (how does water destroy luggage anyway?) its just another way Carnival is nickle and diming you.

You can only have your 12 cokes or waters or whatever then you have to buy them from us for 3 bucks a pop!

Water and soda can be brought onboard from any port. So the initial ones are only needed for you first day or so. (Unless your itin is Hawaii or the Spirit repo down under.)

Honestly Bill i think i will do my cruise on the Breeze next year and then i will take my business elsewhere.

It can destroy MY vacation when my clothes arrive wet because of YOUR water. ;) Also takes a while for luggage to dry out.

Beverages in carryons is to prevent smuggling. Put it in your luggage. When xrayed and they cannot get into the luggage you will be called into the 'naughty' room to prove up your water.

We bring one water bottle pp with us and refill it onboard.

Saw this mentioned - On embarkation day, guests may bring a small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages onboard, only in their carry-on luggage.

Does that included bottled water ?? We have always packed a bunch of bottled water in a duffel bag and sent it with our checked baggage.

yes, but why bring any on when what you can get on.board is so much better?

I find it laughable that the cheerleaders defend these stupid ideas....
Maybe they are not so stupid... but we are just brainless cheerleaders.;) Again if it is that important to you (the rules have not changed in a while) then use your cruise dollars elsewhere.

It can destroy MY vacation when my clothes arrive wet because of YOUR water. ;) Also takes a while for luggage to dry out.

Beverages in carryons is to prevent smuggling. Put it in your luggage. When xrayed and they cannot get into the luggage you will be called into the 'naughty' room to prove up your water.

We bring one water bottle pp with us and refill it onboard.

Sweetheart what kind of luggage do you have ?? A paper bag ??

I got off of Princess a few weeks ago. It was POURING DOWN rain. My luggage sat out in the rain for probably half a hour and the contents were still dry when i got home.

I dont buy that a bottle of water burst (which has yet to ever happen to me) would some how find its way into your bag and ruin your vacation...

I'm just gratful that I can bring on 12 waters or pop, even if it means that I have to carry it on. That's still 12 less than I'll have to pay for on board. If folks continue to try to get around the rules, Carnival may take away this privilege for everyone. Also, some ports are cracking down on this. Tampa was on our last cruise.

I have already, thanks for the advice.

Glad to help;) Princess has nice ships also. Let us know how their rates compare to Carnivals also (more than the cost of the water or not). Enjoy your cruising!!

their [/b]rates compare to Carnivals also (more than the cost of the water or not). Enjoy your cruising!!

699pp for a 9 night cruise, better then Carnival hence why i booked it. Plus no hassle for checking in water....

Sounds like you won....did you enjoy Princess more?

Princess offers a great product. Nice ship, the food was great, great crew, great stateroom. My only complaint was the passengers where a bit rude but i guess that comes with the territory when boarding in NYC.

They are not smart enough to see if they seals are intact ?? You can tell when a bottle has been opened and when a bottle hasn't been opened.

I used to, and I'm sure other's still do, take off the cap's fill them with vodka, and put a whole new cap essembly on. So then you've got a brand new unbroken seal and a waterbottle full of vodka:)

Cruise Princess..... I just did and they didn't have any of these stupid restrictions that i had to carry water on myself.

Just do what you did on Princess.......put it in your checked luggage.......we still do. Just because they say not to does not mean you can't:D

I dunno we went on the Ectasay and I carried on the water and wine but I put our "cokes" in the luggage. They were nice and secure in their cartons and weren't excessively heavy. We didn't have 10 pieces of luggage either. We've never had an issue. If they call us to the naughty room for it so be it...I'll just put one under each arm and work my way thru the check line.

Sure does, we were looking at Southern Carrib this winter, Princess had some SICK deals!

Yep we chose the Southern in Dec:) Now we are debating between leaving out of San Juan or Fort Lauderdale, the Crown, Grand or Caribbean Princess all go to Aruba and Curacao our pick this year........soo many choices:D We have been on the Crown and our best cruise and ship to date. Can't pass up those prices.....

Just do what you did on Princess.......put it in your checked luggage.......we still do. Just because they say not to does not mean you can't:D

I think this is EXACTLY what i am going to do. They can call me down to the naughty room and sniff my water bottles if they want.

If the cabins were available when you board like Princess it wouldnt be as big of a deal, but with Carnival i would have to lug this water around for 2 hours till the cabins are open. I think not...

I think this is EXACTLY what i am going to do. They can call me down to the naughty room and sniff my water bottles if they want.

If the cabins were available when you board like Princess it wouldnt be as big of a deal, but with Carnival i would have to lug this water around for 2 hours till the cabins are open. I think not...

I don't think you will have a problem our last 2 Carnival cruises last year we checked them.

Oh, I forgot, whiner..

Go somewhere that the rules laid out by the company appeal to you more. I know you don't respect this, but so what. I got to type the word whiner again...hahahahaha..

What are you like 12 ??

What are you like 12 ??

Actually my wife asks me the same thing. I'm much older. I know I'm acting juvenile, but your complaints about the company rules are just as juvenile. You can't follow the rules and you don't have to. Stomp your feet a few times...What is so hard about realizing, Carnival is a business and their goal is to make money, from US..

Archived