Bottled Water restricted now?

maxamuus

Saw this mentioned - On embarkation day, guests may bring a small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages onboard, only in their carry-on luggage.

Does that included bottled water ?? We have always packed a bunch of bottled water in a duffel bag and sent it with our checked baggage.

From what I understood, you can bring in X amount of either water or soda, either or both. Since they are now selling water in your cabin(they make money) or when you disembark in each port (they are making money), so limiting what you bring on board does create them making money by selling it. I don't begrudge them this at all. In fact I am grateful that I don't have to tote.:)

When did this nonsense start? We checked our water on the Spirit without any issues.

What is Carnival going to do with my bottled water if i put it in a duffel bag like i have always done ?? I slip the porter a 20 i know he isnt going to say no. They going to make me report to the naughty room over checked WATER?

When did this nonsense start? We checked our water on the Spirit without any issues.

What is Carnival going to do with my bottled water if i put it in a duffel bag like i have always done ?? I slip the porter a 20 i know he isnt going to say no. They going to make me report to the naughty room over checked WATER?[/QUOTE]

Happened to friends of ours that cruised with us on the valor. Since people empty water bottles out and put clear colored booze in the bottles this became necessary.

I'm sure there are other cruise lines out there would be willing to take your money if this policy upsets you.

Bill

Happened to friends of ours that cruised with us on the valor. Since people empty water bottles out and put clear colored booze in the bottles this became necessary.

They are not smart enough to see if they seals are intact ?? You can tell when a bottle has been opened and when a bottle hasn't been opened.

Carnival just said enough is enough. Now you have to carry them on.

They should do what the airlines do and CHARGE US if we want to check our bags in. 50 bucks a bag sounds about right...

You can carry your luggage on for free if you want.

I put a case of water in a rolling carry on and there was not a problem last Oct. I think Fire is right, it has more to do with those porters having to carry bags full of water. The alcohol is why you have to carry all liquids on in a carry on now, not the reason they limit the amount.

I put a case of water in a rolling carry on and there was not a problem last Oct. I think Fire is right, it has more to do with those porters having to carry bags full of water. The alcohol is why you have to carry all liquids on in a carry on now, not the reason they limit the amount.

I dont think they will sit there and count the bottles, or be that strict if you carry them on and want to carry more.

What is Carnival going to do with my bottled water if i put it in a duffel bag like i have always done ?? I slip the porter a 20 i know he isnt going to say no. They going to make me report to the naughty room over checked WATER?

We were on the Spirit last Dec and had no problem putting them in our checked luggage.....we never carry on any bags........

What is Carnival going to do with my bottled water if i put it in a duffel bag like i have always done ?? I slip the porter a 20 i know he isnt going to say no. They going to make me report to the naughty room over checked WATER?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure there are other cruise lines out there would be willing to take your money if this policy upsets you.

Bill

What line would you recommend Bill :rolleyes:. Water is a necessity to some cruiser's .

I guess its just the never ending nickle and diming that pisses me off. This "ban" has nothing to do with heavy bags for the poor porters or bottles water bursting and destroying luggage (how does water destroy luggage anyway?) its just another way Carnival is nickle and diming you.

You can only have your 12 cokes or waters or whatever then you have to buy them from us for 3 bucks a pop!

Honestly Bill i think i will do my cruise on the Breeze next year and then i will take my business elsewhere.

I guess its just the never ending nickle and diming that pisses me off. This "ban" has nothing to do with heavy bags for the poor porters or bottles water bursting and destroying luggage (how does water destroy luggage anyway?) its just another way Carnival is nickle and diming you.

You can only have your 12 cokes or waters or whatever then you have to buy them from us for 3 bucks a pop!

Honestly Bill i think i will do my cruise on the Breeze next year and then i will take my business elsewhere.

That is what free choice is all about. If you feel that is reason to go elsewhere it is certainly your perogative.:cool:

We saw a couple carry on a case of water last week on the Triumph.....

as long as you carry it on and don't check it in the luggage...they aren't going to say anything....

Cruise DCL. You can carry on as much as you want.
And you'll also pay significantly more for your cruise.

How you allocate your vacation dollars is entirely up to you. That's what is so great about the free marketplace, you have choices.

Archived