Celebrity Solstice Med Cruise - AQ or 1A

John73

With next Tuesday's specials I'm looking at booking Solstice on July 25th for the Med/Venice cruise. I'm torn between AQ and the 1A cabins. The 1A have a better balcony but AQ comes with Blu and the extra cruise credit for only $150 more. I've enjoyed previous cruises and the opportunity to meet some fun people at my dining table in the Caribbean, but I worry that may not be quite the case for Med cruises. I have done one AQ class cruise before an enjoyed Blu though missed the camaraderie I had in my first cruise and tablemates in the MDR. I worry that they may be a bit more isolated on a Med cruise in MDR even with a larger dining table, and with less to talk about. If the odds are low to meet very friendly and outgoing people at my dining table then I'd rather meet people through the roll call and connections party and enjoy the benefits of Blu dining. Any advice from more seasoned Med cruisers?

It's really impossible to tell you who you will be seated with and if your personalities blend well. No matter which you choose.:confused: You could always choose Select dining and switch up your tablemates nightly.

It is hard to duplicate an unusually fun dining experience from one cruise to another. Chances are you will be disappointed. We have had very entertaining and talkative wait staff at our tables which really added to our nightly dinners. Then again we have had staff that is more "all business". (we choose tables for two) You get what you get. Same with sharing a table with other cruisers. No guarantees.A Med cruise in July will attract all ages and walks of life.

Since you have experienced both MDR and Blu, you have what you need to make the decision re food and atmosphere. And if you'll spend a lot of time on the balcony even if the itinerary is busy, then let that come into play too.

REALLY hard to tell you what to do. I just wouldn't play "odds" on who you will meet. Yes, you can use the connection board if you want to try to find like-minded personalities... if the people surrounding you will indeed make or break your cruise experience.

Good luck and happy cruising.

With next Tuesday's specials I'm looking at booking Solstice on July 25th for the Med/Venice cruise. I'm torn between AQ and the 1A cabins. The 1A have a better balcony but AQ comes with Blu and the extra cruise credit for only $150 more. I've enjoyed previous cruises and the opportunity to meet some fun people at my dining table in the Caribbean, but I worry that may not be quite the case for Med cruises. I have done one AQ class cruise before an enjoyed Blu though missed the camaraderie I had in my first cruise and tablemates in the MDR. I worry that they may be a bit more isolated on a Med cruise in MDR even with a larger dining table, and with less to talk about. If the odds are low to meet very friendly and outgoing people at my dining table then I'd rather meet people through the roll call and connections party and enjoy the benefits of Blu dining. Any advice from more seasoned Med cruisers?

For a $150 I would definitely go AQ. Dining in Blu and the other amenities (bottled water and such) are worth $150. I always factor in how much it would cost to dine in specialty restaurants every night. If it's less money to dine specialty every night with the price difference of verandah cabins, I will always go cheaper cabin... but $150 for a Med cruise... no question about what cabin I would pick.

Have fun! I wish I had this decision to make on my upcoming Med cruise. I would definitely pick AQ.

I too would add, if you can get over the fact that you have no control of who will be your fellow passengers on the Med cruise, the price adder for AQ is so minimal, you might want to go that route. :) Providing of course, that you will be happy with that room location. That would be my only concern.

With next Tuesday's specials I'm looking at booking Solstice on July 25th for the Med/Venice cruise.

I can't find this Tuesday special. The 25 July doesn't seem to be on the Captain's Club saving certificate. Where should I look for this one?

I have also been sent the Tuesday deals... The July 25th sailing will be onsale on Tuesday. You cannot book before then. Call into Celebrity first thing on Tuesday morning or call your TA. Your TA should know all about the Tuesday sale.

I was thinking of booking this weekend. I have an open passage certificate that we are using. This gives me OBC.

Would I be correct to think that it is either the Tuesday special deal our my open passage, but not both?

Should I wait until Tuesday for the special?

I was thinking of booking this weekend. I have an open passage certificate that we are using. This gives me OBC.

Would I be correct to think that it is either the Tuesday special deal our my open passage, but not both?

Should I wait until Tuesday for the special?

You CAN use your Passages for the Tuesday sale. BUT yes, if you are wanting that sailing on July 25th, wait until Tuesday because it's for new bookings only.

My TA called celebrity and was told that she could not use my Passages booking for a Tuesday special. Apparently then it's not considered a 'new booking', at least according to the Celebrity rep she talked with.

I think I'm going to go ahead with AQ. I know I like the perks there and with the cruise being fairly port intensive I don't think I'll miss the larger 1A balcony. I'll just meet up with some fun people on the Roll Call and work on setting up people to go to shows and hang out with that way.

I think I'm going to go ahead with AQ. I know I like the perks there and with the cruise being fairly port intensive I don't think I'll miss the larger 1A balcony. I'll just meet up with some fun people on the Roll Call and work on setting up people to go to shows and hang out with that way.

I think this is the way to go, John73. Have a great cruise!!!:D

My TA called celebrity and was told that she could not use my Passages booking for a Tuesday special. Apparently then it's not considered a 'new booking', at least according to the Celebrity rep she talked with.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong (or perhaps even if I'm right) but my understanding is that when you do a Passages booking you get a booking ID (reservations number). When you decide to book a specific cruise, you KEEP that booking ID, it is just changed to reflect the actual ship/class/cabin. Therefore, the assignment of a Passages booking is NOT a new booking, since the booking ID doesn't change.

I think this is the way to go, John73. Have a great cruise!!!:D

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to it. I like the perks of AQ so I hope I can meet some cool people in my Roll Call to really round out the whole experience. And, even if not, it's tough to beat 12 days on a Solstice class ship in AQ with all the perks and benefits. And that doesn't even include some of the ports and excursions that are tops on my list like Cinque Terre, Monaco, and Venice. I'm not terribly high on the other ones, but these three are really interesting to me. I'm sure, assuming my TA gets me confirmed in to AQ on the Tuesday special, that I'll have a great cruise on Solstice and just enjoy my time in the Med. It would be nice to have the added perk of meeting some cool new friends along the way, but if that doesn't happen I'm sure I'll still greatly enjoy the cruise. Now I just need the time to get here quickly so I can fully enjoy 2 weeks off from work. :D

Archived