Tipping with Any Time Dining?

adira

First, I am getting SO excited. My dh and I are teachers, and it is the end of a particularly rough school year, and man oh man, do we need a break!

:D

I'm doing all sorts of reading as my students take finals (could there be anything more boring than watching other people take a test??), and was reading about how Carnival breaks down the suggested $10 per day tip charge. $5.50 goes to the head waiter/waiter. Well, since we are choosing Any Time Dining, how does that work? Will they know who we had and tip accordingly as we will possibly/probably have different servers throughout the cruise? Or will it go to one person, who may or may not have waited on us the whole time?

I'm all for tipping and plan to give the bartenders their fair share :D but I don't want some of my servers to get stiffed and someone else to get what should have been distributed differently.

Actually, I assume Carnival has some sort of system in place to deal with this and I'm not going to get upset or anything, but I am curious about that system, if anyone knows.

First, I am getting SO excited. My dh and I are teachers, and it is the end of a particularly rough school year, and man oh man, do we need a break!

:D

I'm doing all sorts of reading as my students take finals (could there be anything more boring than watching other people take a test??), and was reading about how Carnival breaks down the suggested $10 per day tip charge. $5.50 goes to the head waiter/waiter. Well, since we are choosing Any Time Dining, how does that work? Will they know who we had and tip accordingly as we will possibly/probably have different servers throughout the cruise? Or will it go to one person, who may or may not have waited on us the whole time?

I'm all for tipping and plan to give the bartenders their fair share :D but I don't want some of my servers to get stiffed and someone else to get what should have been distributed differently.

Actually, I assume Carnival has some sort of system in place to deal with this and I'm not going to get upset or anything, but I am curious about that system, if anyone knows.

autotip. they will automatically change you $10 per person per day, and will disseminate the money to your servers.

you will simply have your card swiped at your meal to id you.

Cool! That makes me feel better.

Now I need to stop looking at food pictures! I'm hungry! I need to ask people to post pics of the gym! lol

Totally OT, but I am really looking forward to the sauna and showers on the spa deck. Ahhhhh.

autotip. they will automatically change you $10 per person per day, and will disseminate the money to your servers.

you will simply have your card swiped at your meal to id you.

Mostly correct, they do not "swipe" cards but they do record your cabin #.

and remember, if you particularly like your servers, ask for them the next night!!!

Enjoy your cruise! You're not the first teacher I've heard say 'it's been a tough year' this year!! Sometimes you get a good group...sometimes......

you don't have enough hands or patience!!

THANK YOU for all you do for our children!

Cool! That makes me feel better.

Now I need to stop looking at food pictures! I'm hungry! I need to ask people to post pics of the gym! lol

Totally OT, but I am really looking forward to the sauna and showers on the spa deck. Ahhhhh.

Have you looked at the 7 days of menus for CCL? Makes me drool. On their website under FAQ's, sample dinner menus, they give 7 days worth of all the dinner courses in the MDR. You can also look at lunch and breakfast menus in the MDR. Wish I could make it my homepage. :D

We did anytime dining on our Alaska cruise and didn't request any particular team each night. This is the first time we took our chances and were able to enjoy several delightful teams. This created a dilemma when DH wanted to add some $$ to our dining team, but we just went to Guest Services and they were able to help us.

Archived