First cruise on Sunday from Vancouver

davidrle

Crusing for the first time ever on Sunday from Vancouver and wondering what documentation I need to take with me.

Obviously passports, but what about Celebrity related documentation.

Not had anything through the post, all my documentation seems to be online. I have done the online check in and it suggests printing the Xpress passes. It has given me a link to a 32 page document which I have read on screen. Do I need to print all this or just the forms at the back?

Or will just having a note of my reference numbers be good enough?

Thanks,

David

All you need is the Express Pass unless you have purchased transfers from Celebrity -- airport to pier, etc. then you should print those out as well. If you have a post-trip land excursion or cruisetour, print out the documents for it. Otherwise the 32-page thing is just a repeat of information you'll get elsewhere if you need it.

Have a great cruise:) I just got off Century Sunday and had a wonderful

time:D. If you stop in Cova Cafe tell Maria and Beatrice Lois says

hello! They are the best:)

I miss the ship and want to go back with you:(

We just got off the Millennium here in Vancouver last week, and like other said, all you really need is your passport and express pass.

That said, it would be really handy though to carry a pen with you as you will be expected to fill out a short health form (basically declaring whether you've had a cold or the sniffles in the last week), while you wait in the various line ups, waiting to board. We didn't have a pen on hand, and had to rummage through our luggage only to find a pencil. No one handed out any writting utensils to fill out the forms so a pencil had to be good enough for us.

In additional to the xpress pass and passports we take:

1. Copies of passports - leave these in the safe. We also have photographs of our photo page on my i-phone.
  2. Insurance document and policy booklet
  3. Information about each port (historical info, key language phrases, exchange rate, plan of action for independent tour)
  4. Luggage labels attached to suitcases before we leave home
  5. Significant letters /printouts - confirmation of OBC, booked drinks packages, speciality restaurants and excursions etc
  6. Car park label and paperwork

In terms of other useful things we pack:

1. Large zipped plastic wallet to file all the dailies and port information etc
  2. Four bar plug extension to recharge phones, cameras, laptop etc
  3. plug adapter (US / European - we are from the UK)
  4. Highlighter pen for key events listed in the dailies
  5. Note book and pen
  6. Post it notes to leave messages for our cabin steward "ice please"
  7. Shawl - MDR can be chilly and helps look you look more dressy in the evening
  8. bug spray, sun lotion, after sun, home conditioner, sea sickness tablets (never needed them), hat, sunglasses, formal shoes,...
  9. Accessories!
  10. Binoculars
  11. Spare glasses (if needed)
  12. Money - $1 bills handy onboard, euros etc for ports, credit card / cashpoint card (don't forget to take some paper money at port!)
  13. A flight bag / carry-on for the last night (you pack your suitcase the night before and put it in the corridor - you don't want to walk off in your pjamas carrying your washbag!!)

I also suggest that you pack in your carry-on for embarkation:

• swimming costume (in case your case is late arriving)
  • two bottles of wine
  • corkscrew
  • sun lotion
  • paperwork mention above!
  • bottle of water
  • book / puzzle book
  • pen

If you are new to cruising don't forget to turn off your mobile phone at sea or it will cost you a fortune!!! If you have a smart phone switch it to air plane mode and switch off the wireless capabilities so you can still use the other functions.

One more tip - take the ship's Daily with you as it will have port contact information in case you get lost or have any trouble (or get left behind!!)

Bon voyage!!

Thank you. So many items on that list I hadn't even thought of.

Question, should I be packing my good shoes, a shirt and tie in my carry on luggage so that I have something nice (not formal, but not what I'm walking on board with) to wear at the first nights dinner, or will my case be delivered to our cabin before 8.30?

My mrs has just had a bit of a fit at the thought of having to take high heels in her carry on luggage.

Thank you. So many items on that list I hadn't even thought of.

Question, should I be packing my good shoes, a shirt and tie in my carry on luggage so that I have something nice (not formal, but not what I'm walking on board with) to wear at the first nights dinner, or will my case be delivered to our cabin before 8.30?

My mrs has just had a bit of a fit at the thought of having to take high heels in her carry on luggage.

No need so don't worry!

Sometimes people try and smuggle spirits in their luggage so they are called down to the "naughty room" and the suitcase is obviously seriously delayed but your suitcase my well be waiting for you at your cabin when you go to it. The first night is often a little more casual than the other evenings and we have never carried on shoes!! I wouldn't bother with any evening clothes on my carry-on.

Another item ... waterproof! It is really handy to have a small wrap up waterproof if you have one (I always take one for me and the children) although we hope not to use it!

Archived