Best Hotel for Night Prior to Pt. Canaveral Cruise

yankeegirllost

We have reservations at La Quinta on the beach right now for Friday prior to our cruise leaving on Saturday...but with that, we will have to drive to port and pay to park.

That being said...any other ideas on a nice, clean, decent hotel that offers park and cruise and reliable EARLY shuttle service?

And what are the pros and cons? Some on here have said they like parking at the port so they can be off and on their way home quickly without waiting for (and dealing with the hassle of) shuttle service back to the hotel...

Anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance!

Hi there.

I can't comment on the shuttle as we had a rental, but for our Disney cruise last December, my family (hubby, I & three kids + my folks) stayed at the Country Inn and Suites which is five minutes (possibly less) to the port. I believe that if you have a room on the "right side" of the hotel, you would possibly have a very nice view of the port, and CCL Dream in particular.

The room we had was standard, well maintained and clean. They also offer a complimentary breakfast buffet in the morning.

I believe the majority of the patrons are cruisers so I'm sure the shuttle (I seem to recall seeing a small bus with a trailer attached for luggage) is very busy.

Not sure off hand what the cost of parking at the port is, but when we had previously done a three night Disney cruise in Feb '09 we did park at the Disney terminal and it was without a doubt the easiest and quickest disembarkation we have ever experienced. No waiting whatsoever!! But then again, we only had the rental as we were in Orlando for two weeks and got a great rate. I doubt that paying for a rental and parking otherwise would make financial sense.

The nice thing about where you're currently booked is that it's on the beach- one true advantage to your current arrangements if you have nice weather.

Hopefully someone else will be able to provide you with more info to help firm up your decision.

Enjoy your trip!

Jill

Country Inn and Suites used to offer a shuttle and free cruise parking with any hotel stay. Radisson you now have to book the cruise deal to get the free shuttle and free parking.

I would definetly only book a hotel that included cruise parking.

Even Days Inn in Cocoa Beach has a cruise special and is across from the public beach.

I have never had to pay to park at the port and dont plan on it.. way too expensive. Have you checked out the price to park at the port?

Hello! My two cents may not be anything that would interest you or possibly be what you are looking for, BUuuuuut, since I am driving a rental car- my son and I are staying on the strip at what was or is called the IDrive Inn.... The cost is 45.00 and it comes with a breakfast..Not Dennys Grandslam...but it's something...lol

And since I am renting from Avis, I was told I could park in the companies lot for free and then come pick the car back up to drive back to hotlanta.

PS. The IDrive Inn gets iffy reviews, but it's clean, and its comfortable.....Hope you have a wonderful cruise!!:D

If staying at the country inn and suites you must book the park and cruise package to leave your car there. its like 20.00 more than the regular rate. i think its at least 105.00 to park your car at the port. i read someones post the other day that that port was possibly raising their parking rates but dont quote me on that one as it came from someone else on these boards. you sign up at the front desk for your shuttle when you arrive at the hotel. i tried to call ahead and sign up for the time we wanted but they wouldnt let me. have a great cruise. we have to wait until october:mad:

Country Inn and Suites is our favorite. Their shuttle service is GREAT!!! The shuttle is driven by a husband and wife team, we always have Crystal and we love her. Their service is great, hotel is clean and comfortable, staff is friendly. Breakfast is OK for a hotel breakfast.

There is a GREAT pizza place just down the road (for the life of me I can't recall the name) and we go there everytime we cruise.

We have stayed at the Raddison and the Marriott but prefer the Country Inn for their friendly service and the shuttle!

Hello! My two cents may not be anything that would interest you or possibly be what you are looking for, BUuuuuut, since I am driving a rental car- my son and I are staying on the strip at what was or is called the IDrive Inn.... The cost is 45.00 and it comes with a breakfast..Not Dennys Grandslam...but it's something...lol

And since I am renting from Avis, I was told I could park in the companies lot for free and then come pick the car back up to drive back to hotlanta.

PS. The IDrive Inn gets iffy reviews, but it's clean, and its comfortable.....Hope you have a wonderful cruise!!:D

The IDrive Inn is in Orlando, not near the port. You can probably get a decent deal closer to the port. Some parts of I-Drive in Orlando are not the safest. I would be hesitant about staying in that hotel.

this was my room at country inn & suites back in December...$45 on price line....it has a separate bedroom for the kids, really cool! we paid the extra 20 to catch the shuttle...quick, comfortable and easy!

27561055_cruise2010009.jpg.40b6a71301da5cd3f0251e2968072f69.jpg

1590828866_cruise2010012.jpg.49dd8dc744301f87adda18b70dfc8e12.jpg

We are staying at La Quinta the night before our cruise in 2 weeks. We ended up there because I booked the room through Hotwire. Once I knew where we were staying, I called them to ask if they allow people to leave their car there while on a cruise. The guy said they offer a "package." When I explained that I had ended up at his hotel thru Hotwire, he put me on hold and then came back and said I could leave the car there for the week for an additional $30. Since we got the room for only $65, this seemed like a decent deal. He said he put a note in our file so that when we check in, the person will know to offer us the $30 parking deal.

What I don't know--is this an ok place to leave your car for a week?

We stayed there last August and I think I would be comfortable leaving my car there for a week. Now you may come back to one salty car, but other than that it should be fine. The hotel itself was good for us, Publix is in walking distance as are a few restaurants. We just ordered Pizza and ate it by the pool.

Our girls loved the idea that they could make chocolate chip waffles for breakfast too.

Here's a picture of the room and the view from the balcony.

1978825974_Dream2010003.jpg.678231fa70901e60196525d67f460588.jpg

328522273_Dream2010009.jpg.e31113a2df567b85734f97f7384f804d.jpg

Is the I Drive Inn in Cocoa Beach or in Orlando on International Drive.

i can't even get it to come up on Tripadvisor.:confused:

When you say you are parking your car in the Avis lot are you still paying daily rental fees while it's parked there or are you returning it and re renting another car when you get back?

Sounds like you are going to keep paying for the rental the way it's written?

Bill

The Courtyard Marriot has a "Park and Cruise" package. We got a room, parking, and shuttle to and from the port for a little under $180. The hotel is on the beach, and the room comes with a balcony.

The Courtyard Marriot has a "Park and Cruise" package. We got a room, parking, and shuttle to and from the port for a little under $180. The hotel is on the beach, and the room comes with a balcony.

How difficult was it to get a shuttle back to the hotel? I have a feeling we'll be ready to get on the road headed home as quicly as possible once we're off the boat...

Is the I Drive Inn in Cocoa Beach or in Orlando on International Drive.

i can't even get it to come up on Tripadvisor.:confused:

When you say you are parking your car in the Avis lot are you still paying daily rental fees while it's parked there or are you returning it and re renting another car when you get back?

Sounds like you are going to keep paying for the rental the way it's written?

Bill

Hi Bill!

My son and I stay at the one on the strip in orlando. Another poster stated there are different ones. I did not know this. All I know is that it was convenient for us......We rented a vehicle then as we are now, however due to a rental hick up a month ago when I went to check about a drop off fee, I found out that my vehicle was scheduled to be delivered BACK to Atlanta the next day vs. it being turned in at the Cape Canaveral Port... I had intended on flying back......BUT...the Avis Manager-Owner stated that he tried to correct the reservation but all of the Avis lots were so overbooked with returns that I could not turn it back in at any Orlando location or Cape Canaveral...He advised and called the manager at Cape Canaveral that said because it was an error from the Avis reservationist that I spoke to, that I could keep the car as a rental while cruising and pick up with no additional parking charges from thier lot......So it worked better for me..and I got 15.00 off...

Sorry....didnt mean to blabber...... I googled the info for you......It is under I Drive Inn International, or Metropolitan Express...it went through new management.

tahiti

Hi Bill!

My son and I stay at the one on the strip in orlando. Another poster stated there are different ones. I did not know this. All I know is that it was convenient for us......We rented a vehicle then as we are now, however due to a rental hick up a month ago when I went to check about a drop off fee, I found out that my vehicle was scheduled to be delivered BACK to Atlanta the next day vs. it being turned in at the Cape Canaveral Port... I had intended on flying back......BUT...the Avis Manager-Owner stated that he tried to correct the reservation but all of the Avis lots were so overbooked with returns that I could not turn it back in at any Orlando location or Cape Canaveral...He advised and called the manager at Cape Canaveral that said because it was an error from the Avis reservationist that I spoke to, that I could keep the car as a rental while cruising and pick up with no additional parking charges from thier lot......So it worked better for me..and I got 15.00 off...

Sorry....didnt mean to blabber...... I googled the info for you......It is under I Drive Inn International, or Metropolitan Express...it went through new management.

tahiti

OK I think I got it now. You are renting from Avis in Atlanta and driving to I Drive in Orlando to stay pre cruise. Then cruise day driving to the Avis lot near the port and leaving your car there while you cruise.:)

Bill

Archived