We are sailing on Solstice. If you've been can we have your top tips?

orangesunset

In all my cruises, I have not seen iced tea served at the bars.

I am thinking you would be able to get it but it would probably take

more than a few minutes. There is not normally any charge for tea

unless you order it at COVA because every drink in there has a charge.

Oh, on S Class that would be CAFE AL BACIO:)

dzcruisers: ]Usually there are 4 or 5 groups on board doing different types of music plus the orchestra in the theatre. There were snacks from time to time in the different bars' date=' complimentary. The pastries at Al Bacio are free. Theres an ice cream stand open with scooped ice cream, lots of toppings, etc. At the grill with the burgers, etc. there are coookies all day. There are snacks in the afternoon, cookies etc. in the buffet area. Check the daily paper for times. There always seems to be some type of food available. [/quote']

Appreciate this wonderful, added info and background. Glad to know that I won't be forced to starve or slim down too much while on the ship. Keep it coming on these tips as we are just a three days away from our first sailing with Celebrity.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our last July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now at 42,752 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

You know how it is .....we all get towards the end of the holiday and think.....oh I wish I had discovered that earlier.

Have you any top tips that I can find out about at the beginning of my holiday.

Thanks in advance for any advice!:)

If you enjoy drinks, check out the Martini Bar. I think Adrian is back onboard now. He is an amazing server and very humble too. Great guy to chat with and to make good martinis. If you see him, tell him Mr John says hi! I tried to get him to call me by just John but no luck there. Still, great guy and does a great job with the multiple martini pours. I think he was up to about 8+ on my last Solstice cruise (compared to my first cruise with him where he wasn't yet 'approved' to do more than one at a time).

My suggestions:

Before you get in an elevator, check to see if it goes to the front or back of the ship.

If you are on the newly-wed game, and they ask "what was the most unusual place that you made woopie", don't say "in the ***."

On the final night, be sure to leave out travel clothes for the departure day.

If you buy duty free booze on the ship, DON'T put it out to be collected on the last night in the cardboard carton that is instantly recognizable.

If the ship has a hypnotist, and your significant other has a video camera, and understands youtube, DO NOT volunteer!

Oh, and in Alaska, when going on a dog sled excursion, NEVER eat the yellow snow.

Otherwise, have a great cruise:D.

The martini bar and the Molecular bar are sooooo good! I can't wait to get back to the Molecular bar!

Don't go anywhere near the Sunset Bar... horrible space... It's so popular nobody goes there anymore!:D

Agree that the Aqua Spa is a great pool... although maybe you shouldn't go there either.

Solstice is my most favorite ship ever!!! Everything but that Sunset Bar:D Hopefully they've saved all my mail that I had forwarded there earlier this year.[/quote

I agree. Do not go to the Sunset Bar. It's no good having your breakfast there.;)

Archived