Aqua Versus Concierge Class

madcitymaven

This issue has probably been debated in the past, but can anyone who has cruised in both of theses classes tell me which one you preferred and why? We have cruised in concierge class before on the Century and are trying to determine if we should use Aqua class on our 2012 Infinity cruise.:confused:

Aqua class gets you into Blu, other than that the ammenities are the same but room locations are different. Blu is well worth getting into Aqua class - the meals and service were fabulous on solstice in March.

There are lots of threads on this topic if you want to do a search.

This issue has probably been debated in the past, but can anyone who has cruised in both of theses classes tell me which one you preferred and why? We have cruised in concierge class before on the Century and are trying to determine if we should use Aqua class on our 2012 Infinity cruise.:confused:

Hi,:) the biggest difference is the dining room. Aqua Class cabins have

"Blu" as their dining room. As for the issue being debated? You are

spot on 100% correct with that statement. If you do a search you

will probably find enough threads to read for 2 days;)

With Aqua you get all of the benefits of Concierge PLUS:

1. Blu as your dining room;

2. Free access to Persian Gardens and Relaxation Room

3. Spa shower (awesome);

4. Free bottled water and tea

If I had a choice, I'd go with Aqua.

What is the advantage of Blu? Is there an additional charge for Blu? Is the food completely different than the other dining rooms?

Blu is the main dining room for Aqua Class guests; as such there is no charge. It is open for breakfast and dinner, but not lunch. It has a totally separate menu from the main dining room. Blu foods tend to be a bit healthier than the main dining room (i.e. lighter sauces, less salt etc.) but it is certainly not "health food." I.e. there are still plenty of red meat dishes and some hearty options on the menu. Most people (but not everybody) find the food in Blu to be a step up from the main dining room (but not quite as good as the pay specialty restaurants such as Murano, Tuscan Grill etc.). Blu also has a nicer ambiance; it is smaller so much less noisy than the main dining room. The one negative of Blu (for me at least) is it is mainly tables for two, so you will not be seated at a table with others (unless you arrive with others and request to be seated together). One thing I enjoy on cruises is being seated at a large table at dinner and making new friends.

Archived