Over the door shoe holder

5ofusnow

What type of over the door shoe (for misc stuff) holder works in a cabin? :confused: I keep reading about how great it is for keeping the kids stuff together.

I took one once on a Carnival cruise and I couldn't shut the door to the bathroom so I had to remove it. I never could find another door for it to work on during that cruise. Luckily our cabin had shelves in the bathroom and everything worked out fine. But, I would really like to use one on our next cruise.

Bring some string and thread it through the hook holes. Don't need to use the hooks. Also the shoe holder can be cut to whatever size/shape you need.

WHen traveling with more than 2 in the cabin. We use a six hole holder from the Dollar Tree. It uses a rope instead of hooks. One is placed on the hook next to the upper bed. This becomes the nightsand for the upper. For the bathroom the rope wasn't long enough so I used dental floss** to attach it to the hooks on the door.

** Dental Floss is second only to duct tape in versatility.:D

we bought a cheap one from Target and took on the Jewel of the Seas a few months ago...worked great on the back of the closet (rather than the bathroom door). it was about $9 i think.

this was the first cruise that we used one, and i thought it was very convenient to hold odds and ends, especially with kids.

Just my hub and I travel together- we're seniors- and we love the over the door shoe hanger. We use it inside a closet door for things like sunscreen, power cords for charging electronic, night light when not in use, even paperwork that we don't want to get buried with the daily bulletins. I don't like a lot of clutter on flat surfaces so it's perfect for tidy-ing up the cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

We loved ours!....just picked up something at Walmart.....but with four in each cabin (6 kids)....we used every pocket and it REALLY helped keep things organized.

I even kept pj's, bathing suits & a quick change of clothes easily handy for the little ones in their pockets. And when looking for sunscreen, camera's, papers, shoes, lotion, toys, hats, books, hair brush/comb & ribbons, loose coins, snacks, sandals, socks, batteries, etc. etc....like I said we used every pocket!

Judy

We took one to Disney once. We didn't use the hangars that came with it. Instead we used those sticky hooks. That worked well.

But I thought it was more trouble than it was worth for travel use. So I hung it on the inside of the hall closet. Holds all our scarves, hats, and gloves now.

Archived