Labadee Barefoot beach suites only?

39august

When we stopped at Labadee in 2007, noone mentioned an area for suite guests to us [we were in a Celebrity Suite]. However, our transatlantic itinerary had been changed and we were not originally scheduled to stop there. It was clear that the crew were unfamiliar with Labadee at the time.

We are due at Labadee again on Eclipse in 2013 and should like to know if there is an area for suite guests and what the facilities are.

Sue

Celebrity very, very rarely called upon Labadee during the past two years (since RCI started the suite only area). I am not sure if it is known yet how Celebrity plans to utilize this area when some Celebrity ships call upon Labdadee; Celebrity does have some itineraries that stop there during the next Caribbean season.

The highlighted area in this link shows the cabanas by # at Barefoot.....very nice private area they created...you also have a private lunch area that serves steak and shrimp for lunch... among some of the other usuals....very very nice area. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_esjzTE_JGYo/TFOdZ6Tm5DI/AAAAAAAAANw/E6U1lw82EMg/s1600/labadee+cabanas.jpg

RCI just began reserving Barefoot for suites only (and others who may rent cabanas after all suite pax have had a chance to do so) about Jan. 2010. I am booking a suite on Silhoutte on a cruise that includes Labadee. I do hope X does the same, as I love Barefoot beach.

Celebrity very, very rarely called upon Labadee during the past two years (since RCI started the suite only area). I am not sure if it is known yet how Celebrity plans to utilize this area when some Celebrity ships call upon Labdadee; Celebrity does have some itineraries that stop there during the next Caribbean season.

The highlighted area in this link shows the cabanas by # at Barefoot.....very nice private area they created...you also have a private lunch area that serves steak and shrimp for lunch... among some of the other usuals....very very nice area. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_esjzTE_JGYo/TFOdZ6Tm5DI/AAAAAAAAANw/E6U1lw82EMg/s1600/labadee+cabanas.jpg

Thanks for these replies.

RCI just began reserving Barefoot for suites only (and others who may rent cabanas after all suite pax have had a chance to do so) about Jan. 2010. I am booking a suite on Silhoutte on a cruise that includes Labadee. I do hope X does the same, as I love Barefoot beach.

I hope that you will let us know what happens on your return, please?

Sue

The Cabana's fill up very fast. So if you want one get there early - very early.

This is how it works on Royal....can't imagine that X will be much different. Suite guests are given first choice at renting a cabana...this is done both ahead of time and once aboard....any left then are given to Diamond Plus and Diamond members...that would be Elite on the X side....if they still have any available they will put them up for rental to the rest of the passengers....also once you get off the ship you walk to the end of the pier and there is a booth, they will also tell you if any are still available day of.

Archived