Post cruise stay who booked thru cruise line?

Once with RCCL on a post-cruise in London. Cruise package was the least expensive option we could find. Hotel was near the Tate Modern. Can't remember the name but is was not a tourist hotel and bit off the beaten track. It was fun to explore a that part of London.

Booking through the cruiseline is very expensive but we like to use HAL's transfers from airport to hotel and from hotel to ship in areas we are not sure of. You can only do that if you book your hotel through the cruiseline. If we are familiar with an area, say like Fort Lauderdale, we do it on our own but in NYC and Venice, we bit the bullet and went for the cruiseline's offer.

We found San Diego very easy to do on our own, following wonderful advice given here on CC.

A little research will save a lot of money and you can get the stay that you want. We have done pre or post cruise stays in Rome, Athens, Hong Kong and Shanghai on our own and had a wonderful time.

If you can't get the information you need here, go to tripadvisor.

Booked one nite at Pan Pacific in early August for post-cruise off the Diamond. Got a great deal on Travelzoo.com. For $200/nite, got a corner room and breakfast for 2. They do have specials and you can check on price reductions every week.

@FPJC03, Hi was I wondering if the Majesty ship you listed was the one that left Miami 5/31-6/4/04, the reason I ask is because I started a thread in the main section basically listing a reward if anyone had the cruise-in-review DVD from that ship, I lost mine and was hoping maybe someone on here was on that same ship and might have a copy. Let me know, a longshot but still worth a shot! Thanks.

Archived