Galveston ship terminals

DALSAL

Hi! Am hoping someone might be able to help me out here. I am sailing on the Magic in January, and then going over to RCI to meet my son,dil, and dgd to sail on the Mariner. Ive taken Carnival and RCI cruises from Galveston, but never done this type of b2b and never paid much attention to the terminals. My question is, is it walkable with luggage from one terminal to the next, or would I need hubby to get the car and drive me over to the RCI terminal area? Just trying to do some precruise planning here! Thanks for any help! Dot

The two terminals are next door to each other. It is a walk, but doable if you do not have too much luggage to cause you problems.

The employee parking lot is on the other side of the RCI terminal from the Carnival terminal and all the employees for both terminals park there. I work part-time as a pier agent for the outsource company RCI uses for their shore-side services in the Port of Galveston. The folks working the Carnival terminal park there too. They walk to the other terminal to work so it should not be a problem for you.

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Thanks for that info Host Kat! I walked from Harbour House to the Carnival terminal once, and it wasnt too bad, but it sounds like it could be a little farther walk than that. I wont have that much luggage, but I do have back issues so if I have to do a lot of lifting that piece of luggage because of no sidewalk, I might be in trouble! I will have to think about this!! :D If its not much father than HH, I might be ok..

Sorry, but I have never "walked the walk" from a handicap parking spot in the employee parking lot & on past the RCI terminal to the Carnival terminal. I just go from my car to the RCI terminal. I too have back and knee issues so I truly understand your concern. For me, it was too many years of bowling that "done me in". 05.gif

If I remember correctly, it is all drive-way or pavement between the two buildings, but I could be wrong. Hopefully someone else can give you the exact details you seek.

Wishing you lots of 080402gudl_prv.gif and sincerely hope you enjoy your B2Bs on both ships!!

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

From Harbor House to the port terminals is all paved road. Harbor House past Fisherman's Wharf and Texas Seaport Museum/Elissa up ramp to terminals.

Harbor House is at Pier 21 (21st Street) with cruise terminal starting at 23rd Street.

Yes, thanks, have done this walk before, but was wondering about the walk from RCI terminal to Carnival terminal!

Im kinda over this walk...now, Im starting to panic over the fog issue!!! LOL...Hope this coming Feb will be kinder than last! :D

Thanks again Host Kat!

The two terminals are next door to each other. It is a walk' date=' but doable if you do not have too much luggage to cause you problems.

The employee parking lot is on the other side of the RCI terminal from the Carnival terminal and all the employees for both terminals park there. I work part-time as a pier agent for the outsource company RCI uses for their shore-side services in the Port of Galveston. The folks working the Carnival terminal park there too. They walk to the other terminal to work so it should not be a problem for you.

Kat [img']http://skins.*****/skins/mailskins/em/110105/110105_emYA42_prv.gif[/img]

The two terminals are next door to each other.

Its really not far at all. 100 yards say!!!

Pay baggage worker to take next door, if it is too much for you,

unless they are in different union or different company!

Just ask!

...now, Im starting to panic over the fog issue!!! LOL...Hope this coming Feb will be kinder than last! :D

Thanks again Host Kat!

You are most welcome!

Amen about that white stuff in the air. Around the RCI terminal we consider it a dirty four letter word. We spell it PHOG.

Kat 110105_emYA11_prv.gif

It sounds like it might be a doable walk, especially is there is a decent surface to roll my luggage. Im gonna try to control my packing!!! LOL..

Kat, I will certainly NOT do my PHOG dance/chant this year, as it has failed me twice now!!! Although my odds are still on the plus side,but Im not gonna take any chances this time!

Thanks for your help everyone, I think I can put this problem in my resolved column! Dot

Archived