Soft drinks and coffees in bars

motheroftwoboys

Hello - we are new to Oceania and much looking forward to our cruise on Nautica in August. Delighted to see that soft drinks and coffees are free but can anyone tell me whether this is right across the ship - and in the bars? My husband doesn't drink but we still like to sit in the bars and it is lovely to have a good coffee. I am just curious - as we have got OCs to spend.

Sodas, mineral water and espresso drinks are included in the cost of your cruise. Sodas and mineral water are available in the bars but I am not certain about coffee in the bars since I never asked and never saw anyone with coffee in those places.

Yes you can get coffee in the bars

If they do not have a machine they will get a coffee for you but I think all the bars have a coffee machine

Coffee doesn't "hold" well, so while you can get a coffee throughout the ship, don't expect to "grab and go", it may take a few minutes to brew a new pot [Alternatively, they will send a runner].

Coffee doesn't "hold" well, so while you can get a coffee throughout the ship, don't expect to "grab and go", it may take a few minutes to brew a new pot [Alternatively, they will send a runner].

I think it depends on the bar & time of day

We have gotten coffee in Horizons mid day it was fine

Now if they could find a place for a Barristas on the R-ships ...life would be good :)

Lyn

:eek: Are you saying that there is something about the Marina that you actually prefer?

Hey Guys,

Barista's is for caffine-aholics and we need our fix frequently. It is fresh ground, hot and really good blend of coffee. AKA espresso, neat, a shot at a time. I think they use Illy beans. You can get cafe correcto there too or some sort of fancy capucchino or latte. It is a real benefit for us.

Bill & Jeannie

Hey Guys,

Barista's is for caffine-aholics and we need our fix frequently. It is fresh ground, hot and really good blend of coffee. AKA espresso, neat, a shot at a time. I think they use Illy beans. You can get cafe correcto there too or some sort of fancy capucchino or latte. It is a real benefit for us.

Bill & Jeannie

Ditto for de-caf-aholics, too! Same great Illy beans in the unleaded variety for those of us that can't tolerate the high octane. A daily stop for us. Okay, sometimes twice a day - hot in the morning and iced in the afternoon.

Thanks everyone. I have just had my first, strong, latte of the day. Def caf! shame there isn't a Barrista's on Nautica, it sounds fab but sure there will be plenty of other compensations. We always joke about "cruise coffee" as it is usually so bad - I am sure Oceania's will be better than most.

Thanks everyone. I have just had my first, strong, latte of the day. Def caf! shame there isn't a Barrista's on Nautica, it sounds fab but sure there will be plenty of other compensations. We always joke about "cruise coffee" as it is usually so bad - I am sure Oceania's will be better than most.

The Illy coffee on Regata recently was wonderful, especially if you like your de caf strong!:D

Most cruise lines use liquid coffee YUCK!! :eek:

Unless you pay for the good stuff like on Princess

Oceania however use fresh ground coffee or beans

Just signed up for the Insignia's Istanbul to Barcelona cruise on Oct. 15th and have been reading up of what to expect via the "cruise reviews" section. I was surprised that several people commented on how bad the coffee was on their Oceania cruise.

It appears that they now offer free specialty drinks such as lattes and hot chocolate on these cruises.

Can we look forward to a good cup of coffee?

Just signed up for the Insignia's Istanbul to Barcelona cruise on Oct. 15th and have been reading up of what to expect via the "cruise reviews" section. I was surprised that several people commented on how bad the coffee was on their Oceania cruise.

It appears that they now offer free specialty drinks such as lattes and hot chocolate on these cruises.

Can we look forward to a good cup of coffee?

They always had espresso, cappuccino & hot chocolate included

What they do have now on the Marina & soon to be Riveria is the Barristas where other coffee drinks are also included

The only one not included are the ones with alcohol

We did not find the coffee bad on O

It was more like dishwater in the self serve machine because some complained it was TOO STRONG :eek:

It all depends on what you are use to;)

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

West Coast or East Coast coffee? We call it brown coffee at home. Espresso is black coffee to us. I assume Canadians like West Coast brown coffee. What's your preference. An unofficial poll so to speak. The two main complaints in the food service coffee serving business is it's too strong and it's too week. Now there is Army Coffee, Ward Room Coffee and Bilge Water coffee. Some of it will make the Dead stand up and walk around.

West Coast or East Coast coffee? We call it brown coffee at home. Espresso is black coffee to us. I assume Canadians like West Coast brown coffee. What's your preference. An unofficial poll so to speak. The two main complaints in the food service coffee serving business is it's too strong and it's too week. Now there is Army Coffee, Ward Room Coffee and Bilge Water coffee. Some of it will make the Dead stand up and walk around.

DH is used to firehall coffee maybe the same as Army coffee ;)

We like good coffee brown or black it just had to not have that bitter overcooked or dishwater taste ;)

Lyn

• 4 weeks later...
Ditto for de-caf-aholics, too! Same great Illy beans in the unleaded variety for those of us that can't tolerate the high octane. A daily stop for us. Okay, sometimes twice a day - hot in the morning and iced in the afternoon.

Does this mean we don't have to bring our French press and coffee on our upcoming Marina cruise?

Does this mean we don't have to bring our French press and coffee on our upcoming Marina cruise?

You can get coffee most places on the ship ...

Oceania is not like other cruise lines you can get brewed coffee;)

Archived