Promotional Campaign?

kywildcatfanone

Hi folks,

I logged into my princess.com account today and just happened to click on my Circle Savings Account. Under Onboard credits, I saw a Promotional Campaign option that began on 5/18/11 and expires 6/30/11. I didn't know what that was, but when I looked at the "My Dream Deals" page, I see a promotion to book a cruise in November 2011 and receive $50 OBC as a "birthday" gift. The expiration date on booking that is 6/30/11. So, I assume that is one and the same offer.

I went back and looked and don't have an e-mail from Princess alerting me to this opportunity at all, and I receive email from them regularly. I have not seen this before.

Is this something new, or am I just noticing it for the first time?

Mike

I just checked my account when I saw your post and nope, I don't have any promotion like that.

Well, my birthday is in November and that is the month I have to book the cruise to get the credit, so I'm kind of guessing this is a new promo thing for Princess and was wondering if others are seeing this kind of offer.

However, what I thought was even more odd about it was that I didn't get an e-mail making this offer to me, as far as I know, the only way I would know this opportunity exists is to carefully check my circle savings account, which I don't do very often... I appreciate the offer and would take advantage of it if I could, but in this case I can't.

I was just wondering if this is something new Princess is doing, or if folks have been seeing the same thing. We have been cruising with Princess since 2006 and this is the first time I have seen anything like this, and I kind of stumbled on it, it wasn't terribly obvious...

Mike

Hi...I checked my Circle Savings Account...and I had a $25 promotional credit, what ever that is. It did have a code next to the promotion. My birthday is in November so might be the same as Mike's offer from Princess. We are planning to take a Caribbean cruise in December..wonder if it will work for that? Will call Princess and find out. And, Thank You to the OP.

Hi...I checked my Circle Savings Account...and I had a $25 promotional credit, what ever that is. It did have a code next to the promotion. My birthday is in November so might be the same as Mike's offer from Princess. We are planning to take a Caribbean cruise in December..wonder if it will work for that? Will call Princess and find out. And, Thank You to the OP.

I have a cruise booked in December as well, if you find out they give you the credit, let me know....icon12.gif

Mike

I also should have asked if you got any kind of email notification of this offer, did you?

Mike

Here's the text from the "My Dream Deals" special:

Dear Michael,

CCN: XXXXXXXXXA

This November, why not celebrate your birthday with Princess Cruises and escape completely? Book any cruise departing in November 2011, to receive an onboard credit up to $50

Our warm, welcoming service and exclusive amenities will make your birthday a celebration to remember.

I also should have asked if you got any kind of email notification of this offer, did you?

Mike

Mike...No e-mail notification. I have not had a chance to call Princess..but I will and then will inform you as to how this on board credit would/could be applied. Again, thanks for the heads up.

Anita

I also recently received a promotional credit. I earned it on 5/18 and need to use it by 6/30. The problem is . . .I booked my December cruise through a TA two months ago. The credit is for either $25 or $50 depending on the type of cabin booked. No explination. No email notification. Very curious.

I also recently received a promotional credit. I earned it on 5/18 and need to use it by 6/30. The problem is . . .I booked my December cruise through a TA two months ago. The credit is for either $25 or $50 depending on the type of cabin booked. No explination. No email notification. Very curious.

You know what is mildly amusing about this. All of us have December cruises booked and the promo is for November (raz455 is yours for November as well?).... bummer....

Mike

My birthday is in November. I booked a cruise in September earlier this week. I just checked my personalizer, and I got a $25.00 promotional on board credit . The message says it was earned 5/30, the day I booked the September cruise. Maybe the key is the November birthday for som reason.

My birthday is in November. I booked a cruise in September earlier this week. I just checked my personalizer, and I got a $25.00 promotional on board credit . The message says it was earned 5/30, the day I booked the September cruise. Maybe the key is the November birthday for som reason.

If I look at my personalizer and the OBC tab, it says it's "active", and was earned in 5/18. However it is not "applied" to my current booking for December, and the deal says it's for a cruise in November. Is your applied to your September booking?

Mike

Good Morning All...Spoke with Princess this AM and was informed that there is a $25 on board credit for inside/oceanview and $50 credit for balcony/suites if cruise is booked by June 30, 2011 for cruising between October 29 and November 30, 2011. He did not know who gets this notice on their My Princess. The operator also said he has never seen this before..so must be something new.

Good Morning All...Spoke with Princess this AM and was informed that there is a $25 on board credit for inside/oceanview and $50 credit for balcony/suites if cruise is booked by June 30, 2011 for cruising between October 29 and November 30, 2011. He did not know who gets this notice on their My Princess. The operator also said he has never seen this before..so must be something new.

Thanks for checking on this, I figured it was something new, and as I read the offer it looked like it only applied to November cruises. Can't go in November this year, but we did last year and likely will again next year. Bad timing for me, but I'm glad to see Princess make this kind of offer.

I am a bit puzzled by it not being marketed at all, other than the personalizer. Perhaps they are still working on this.

I guess the answer is keep an eye on your personalizer as you might get offers that have no other notification.

Mike

Okay, I think I get it now. I just checked my princess again. It shows a $25/on board credit. It shows the $25 "earned" 5/30 (the day I booked my September cruise) and the credit expires 6/30 and can be $25. or $50 depending on cabin or suite. Sorry about the confusion. I thought I had a $25. credit. But, I don't think so, now.

My birthday is in November and I checked for the promotion on my princess and there it was. Unfortunately we have a cruise that leaves in October but returns in November and a cruise in December. So I guess no credit for me. I checked my husband's account (his birthday is in December just 3 days after mine) but there is nothing.

Where was this offer when I booked my "birthday" cruise for all the previous years - well they were really Thanksgiving cruises but close enough. Oh, well, maybe next year.

Well, happy birthday to me! Another November baby here and I just looked in my account and sure enough, there is my "gift." And it's working -- I'm feeling the need to book a Thanksgiving cruise now. Ah, Princess, your siren song once again lures me to sea, to crash against the rocks of insolvency, gluttony, and sloth . . .

No promotion for us and we're hoping to cruise in November. :(

So, that's a bummer -- you weren't born in November? In that case, I think you need to complain to your parents ASAP, as clearly they weren't thinking strategically. Really a disappointing oversight on their part . . .

Well, my birthday is in November and that is the month I have to book the cruise to get the credit, so I'm kind of guessing this is a new promo thing for Princess and was wondering if others are seeing this kind of offer.

However, what I thought was even more odd about it was that I didn't get an e-mail making this offer to me, as far as I know, the only way I would know this opportunity exists is to carefully check my circle savings account, which I don't do very often... I appreciate the offer and would take advantage of it if I could, but in this case I can't.

I was just wondering if this is something new Princess is doing, or if folks have been seeing the same thing. We have been cruising with Princess since 2006 and this is the first time I have seen anything like this, and I kind of stumbled on it, it wasn't terribly obvious...

Mike

I have the same promotion showing - my birthday is also in November. Unfortunately I don't have any vacation left.

Well, happy birthday to me! Another November baby here and I just looked in my account and sure enough, there is my "gift." And it's working -- I'm feeling the need to book a Thanksgiving cruise now. Ah, Princess, your siren song once again lures me to sea, to crash against the rocks of insolvency, gluttony, and sloth . . .

Ha! We typically do a Thanksgiving cruise every other year (have to work around home football games), and went in 2008 and last year, but can't this year. It's a bummer because I would book this now, and get the credit if I could. Maybe they will offer this to me next year......

I will be curious to see if this happens to others in other months or whether this is a Princess experiment...

Mike

Archived