Deck 12 Spa Balcony

Denisern2

Thank you after all the info I received on here regarding the open balconies on Deck 12 I was able to avoid them. I had to pay 40$ to downgrade to a Deck 11 Spa Balcony but well worth it. Next time I check Cruise critic prior to booking a cabin. I would have not been happy with people looking down on me, direct sun all day and trash and Cig Butts on my balcony. They say in the cabin layout that you have a private balcony, but they do not sound private to me. Thank you again for all the info you guys are the best.

denisern2...so long as you didn't trade your deck 12 spa balcony for a port side deck 11 spa balcony numbers 11204-11230, you probably made a good trade. 11204-11230 are directly under the gym and specifically under the treadmills which will thump you out of bed bright and early:eek:

starboard side (odd numbers) and port side 11236-11246 are okay.

Thank you after all the info I received on here regarding the open balconies on Deck 12 I was able to avoid them. I had to pay 40$ to downgrade to a Deck 11 Spa Balcony but well worth it. Next time I check Cruise critic prior to booking a cabin. I would have not been happy with people looking down on me, direct sun all day and trash and Cig Butts on my balcony. They say in the cabin layout that you have a private balcony, but they do not sound private to me. Thank you again for all the info you guys are the best.

On the Magic, this problem was mainly alleviated because there is no floor directly above 12. We booked it and are bringing portable chair umbrellas.

I actually booked the open balcony on purpose. We've had aft balconys the last two cruises which were great balcony's and rooms. however although both were big they were mostly shaded. We wanted sun this time and decided to give the spa balcony with its amenities a try

We have 12044 on the Magic and would appreciate any comments, as we lick our lips in anticipation.:)

Tim, we have 12023 on the magic in two months. There is nothing on floor above our balcony cabins since that is now part of the spa. Two levels above is serenity area. I think this should alleviate many of the problems the deck 12 spa balcony cabins had on the Dream. The only thing that concerned me about the even numbered cabins is the proximity to the top of the waterslides. I don't think that's too big of a dealbreaker. But it is why we switched to an odd cabin. I will be happy to post pictures and a review when we get back mid-August.

all these comments on the Magic are nice to know, but the OP is sailing on the Dream.

I don't have signatures set on my board and I couldn't tell from title or post if it was Dream, Magic, or Breeze. Sorry. But I will be clear when I review spa balcony deck 12 that it is Magic that I am talking about. For those of who don't have our boards set to view signatures (take up way too much space on my viewing screen), it's still good information if people post here about Magic. In any case, OP already made her choice.

I am on the Magic in 12034 next week. I liked the fact that it was open air. I know they changed the Spa some from the Dream so we shall see what it is like.

Have a great trip. The benefit to 12 over 11 is that you will not have smokers directly underneath you, above you or to either side of you. The serenity deck is two decks above. No smoking is allowed on that deck. So, I don't see why anyone should have their balcony covered with cigarette butts from pigs above.

I am on the Magic in 12034 next week. I liked the fact that it was open air. I know they changed the Spa some from the Dream so we shall see what it is like.

Tiggerman...we're finally sailing "together":D:cool: Well not really but we're plying similar seas at the same time. On the Dream again. Wave if we pass. And best to your sis and her groom, my hardy mate on the AC grinders.

Crew

Tiggerman...we're finally sailing "together":D:cool: Well not really but we're plying similar seas at the same time. On the Dream again. Wave if we pass. And best to your sis and her groom, my hardy mate on the AC grinders.

Crew

So is my sister. They will be on the Fantasy going to Bermuda while we are in the Med. I will tell her you said hello.

Archived