Outdone on a Tuesday special by a... Tuesday Special

John73

I have to admit I was surprised to see this. This Tuesday I booked an AQ cabin on the Solstice 7/25 sailing due to a great price with AQ being only $150 more (incl single supplement) than a 1A cabin. I took a look at the Tuesday specials for next week and, surprisingly, the same Solstice sailing is on sale again. But this time the 1A is $450 less than the AQ (AQ at same price as this week, so no drop there). I'm definitely not terribly upset by this because I think I got a great deal on the AQ cabin. I was just surprised to see the same sailing on Tuesday specials two weeks in a row with a big price reduction on 1A cabins. Guess they really are having trouble selling that sailing.

Right, I noticed the same thing. There were really substantial price drops ( several hundreds of $ ) in the follow-up special.

I just wondered what happens if somebody has already booked last week's special: are you eligible for an upgrade, refund or whatever if even a higher cabin category like Concierge or Aqua Class is still cheaper than the category you booked a few days before?

Just curious!

I noticed the same thing (hi John!), and had both those prices been available last week we probably wouldn't have booked an AQ, but I'm not going to fret about it.

Well... I probably would have wanted the AQ anyway, but hubby wouldn't have let me... so this way I got what I wanted :D

But if they have trouble selling that sailing, I suppose we'll see more of those kind of prices the next couple of weeks.

Does your Celebrity Tuesday Special mailing come from Celebrity, or where do you sign up for these specials?

Hi,:) here is a link. You can check each week yourself. Normally they are

listed Thursday afternoons/Friday mornings but you can't book it until

Tuesday. Just put it on your favorite key and check weekly;)

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

Tuesday Specials are the way to go! I look forward to reading them each week and will use them in the future.

They are only the way to go if they are offering something you are looking

for;)

They are only the way to go if they are offering something you are looking

for;)

But, these are not for those who can't wait until the last minute! If you've can wait, DEFINITELY the way to go. Unfortunately, I have to plan in advance, so I just have to watch my price go down. Too bad X changed their price guarantee policy.:(

But, these are not for those who can't wait until the last minute! If you've can wait, DEFINITELY the way to go. Unfortunately, I have to plan in advance, so I just have to watch my price go down. Too bad X changed their price guarantee policy.:(

Yes, that is what the Tuesday specials are all about....saving money

IF you can sail last minute and IF you see an itinerary you want to sail.

More than one factor comes into play. We are saying the same thing;)

Many folks have to plan in advance due to work schedules so the

Happy Hour prices would not help.

As a nice perk that I have with top-tier status on my preferred airlines, I can book and cancel award tickets without any penalty. For summer 2012, I have enough miles accumulated that I'm going to book airfare to get me in place for 2 interesting Celebrity itineraries (on different ships that Solstice finally :) ). If the cruises I want come on a Tuesday special then I'll proceed with the booking and use my airline award tickets. But, if they don't come up, then I'll cancel the airline tickets and be able to walk away with no penalty. Just requires a lot of up-front planning to be able to get the award tickets I want so far in advance. Makes it the best of both worlds with 'free' airfare and a Tuesday special for the cruise, assuming everything lines up.

I noticed the same thing (hi John!), and had both those prices been available last week we probably wouldn't have booked an AQ, but I'm not going to fret about it.

Well... I probably would have wanted the AQ anyway, but hubby wouldn't have let me... so this way I got what I wanted :D

But if they have trouble selling that sailing, I suppose we'll see more of those kind of prices the next couple of weeks.

So are you on the July cruise as well? (I haven't checked in on the rollcall recently). Would be nice to have even more Cruise Critic members to hang out with.

• 4 months later...

Archived