Leaving luggage at the Port early???

I think I remember reading somewhere that you could leave your luggage at the port pre the 3pm check in.

As we have to leave our hotel at 11am I thought we could wander around the town while waiting to board, if we don't have our luggage in tow.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if so...safe?:confused:

I think I remember reading somewhere that you could leave your luggage at the port pre the 3pm check in.

As we have to leave our hotel at 11am I thought we could wander around the town while waiting to board, if we don't have our luggage in tow.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if so...safe?:confused:

Hi Susie, I have asked this question direct to PG, but on checking our transfers - it states that we are being picked up from our hotel at 2.30:(

So I have emailed the transfer people asking "who booked that time for pick-up and could we be picked up earlier".

Not heard back from either yet.

We wanted to drop off our luggage at PG around noon (cos like you say the hotal check-out is 11am), then wander round PPT until boarding time:cool:

Like you, we would be interested if past cruisers have done this....

Hi Susie, I have asked this question direct to PG, but on checking our transfers - it states that we are being picked up from our hotel at 2.30:(

So I have emailed the transfer people asking "who booked that time for pick-up and could we be picked up earlier".

Not heard back from either yet.

We wanted to drop off our luggage at PG around noon (cos like you say the hotal check-out is 11am), then wander round PPT until boarding time:cool:

Like you, we would be interested if past cruisers have done this....

I asked my TA about this and she said that if you wanted a different time you could make your own arrangements or... the hotel does have a place that you can check your luggage after check out, then go about town and make it back to the hotel in time for the transfer.

Not much to see in downtown Papeete in my opinion.

If you are in the TIC they have a lovely pool. Stay there until you leave.

Boarding will take all of 10 minutes maybe 15. After boarding you can walk over to the Marche and have a look there.

If you are in the TIC they have a lovely pool. Stay there until you leave.

Boarding will take all of 10 minutes maybe 15. After boarding you can walk over to the Marche and have a look there.

We are staying at the Manava .

We are at the IC and have been told that the facility is beautiful so we plan to just hang out there, then as Emdee said, check out the area around the port after boarding.

Same thing on the return. We heard that the Raddison is also really nice. If we decide on something different we will check our bags with the bell hop and grab a cab and just plan to be back in plenty of time for our transfer. Tons of people do this so I would think it's not all that complicated. The hotel will help you.

Don't worry, be happy.

The Rad is very far away from anything. Not worth the 45 plus $ to see not much.

Once again, just relax by the pool ( nice pool) or sit out on your balcony and enjoy the black sand beach.

Less than one month before we will be in paradise - cannot wait.

The Rad is very far away from anything. Not worth the 45 plus $ to see not much.

Once again, just relax by the pool ( nice pool) or sit out on your balcony and enjoy the black sand beach.

Less than one month before we will be in paradise - cannot wait.

I'm sure that's what we will do. I didn't realize we'd have a balcony at the Raddison.

...for us, 5 days!!

We love to walk through the market place. We usually buy a big flower arrangement for the room on the ship. :)

I enjoy sitting around the pool area at the IC but downtown is fun as well. Many little cafes and the Le Marche' is interesting especially if you catch it in the morning.

Seeing this will be Heiva Festival time (June 17 - July 17) there should be something happening at beautiful To'ata Square, just a short walk from the PG pier. Most of the big activities will be in July but I would think there will be something going on.

http://www.heivanui.com/photos/LAUREATSHeiva2010_ga51745.html

I also enjoy people watching and downtown PPT is a great place for that.

Another little known idea is to go to the pharmacy to get perscriptions filled you use at home. Bring your perscription as they may ask for it. My wife uses zomig for headaches, the price is about half of what it is in the states. They also sell across the counter what is similar to Tylenol 2, 400mg Tylenol plus 21 mg of codine.

I enjoy sitting around the pool area at the IC but downtown is fun as well. Many little cafes and the Le Marche' is interesting especially if you catch it in the morning.

Seeing this will be Heiva Festival time (June 17 - July 17) there should be something happening at beautiful To'ata Square, just a short walk from the PG pier. Most of the big activities will be in July but I would think there will be

so, how far is downtown from the IC? Do you take a cab to get there or can you walk it? We will be there one morning before our ship embarkment at 3pm.

And this festival... So this will be just starting when we get back in port on the 17th? We get in at 7:30 the 17th but don't disembark until the 18th so we can get off that evening to do the festival and then get back on for the night until it's time to head over to the day room. Right? Is this festival anything to do with the market they've mentioned that's near the pier?

No the market & festival have nothing in common.

The cheap way to go to the market and back to the IC is to take the Le Truck (now a bus) which to can grab across the street from the IC. Usually a new bus every 30 minutes. $3 one-way

No the market & festival have nothing in common.

The cheap way to go to the market and back to the IC is to take the Le Truck (now a bus) which to can grab across the street from the IC. Usually a new bus every 30 minutes. $3 one-way

Okay, I think there are two things I am calling the market. Sorry to be confusing. Downtown. So that's the one that we could take Le Truck to in the morning while staying at the IC?

The other thing I am calling the market is across the pier from the PG when in dock at Papeete. They said that we could check in on board and then get off to walk around there. Where Texed is buying those flowers. Is the festival associated with this?

We are staying at Le Meridien, so further out than the other hotels - hence why we wanted to get into PPT early, leave our bags at PG pier and just look around.

We are not bothered going in to PPT on our pre-cruise days, cos like you say....not much to see!:rolleyes:

But we would like to go to Le Marche, and wander around a little prior to boarding.

Yes we are talking about the same market but it has nothing to do with the festival.

There is also the big market on Tahiti, about 1.5 miles to the east of the IC. Largest market in FP! They have eateries there as well as a few other stores but the market is basically their version of Costco, in fact you will see some 'Kirkland' stuff on the shelf.

If your big on walking this is possible from the IC. See map, you can see the market in the lower left side.

http://flic.kr/p/9QFNHJ

Yes we are talking about the same market but it has nothing to do with the festival.

There is also the big market on Tahiti, about 1.5 miles to the east of the IC. Largest market in FP! They have eateries there as well as a few other stores but the market is basically their version of Costco, in fact you will see some 'Kirkland' stuff on the shelf.

Hi Tiki,

Is that the Centre Moana Nui @ PK 8? I have looked the website, and it seems like a large "mall" :confused:

Also what is Marina Taina, I have heard/read about that in a few places? Any lnowledge you can impart is appreciated :)

Yes that is the name of the shopping center.

Marina Taina is very close to the IC, within a short walk. It is a very nice marina for large private yachts. There are 3 restaurants & a bar with local music as well as jazz & classical.

Marina Taina is very close to the IC, within a short walk. It is a very nice marina for large private yachts. There are 3 restaurants & a bar with local music as well as jazz & classical.

Thanks for the info. We are staying at the IC two nights. :)

For you that will be staying the night before boarding you may want to consider watching the show. This is one of the very best on the islands. Normally people shell out $80 for the dinner/show. However, I usually buy a beer and go the the right side where there is a round hut where all the 'mamas' hang out while their kids/young adults dance and play. Nobody will bother you and you get to here the mamas talk about their kids, great fun, casual and you can't beat the price!

http://flic.kr/p/9QHV5x

For you that will be staying the night before boarding you may want to consider watching the show.

We watched it on a prior cruise from the grill portion of the restaurant.

Greatly Blessed I have two suggestions:

1) ask PG cruises to find out and come back to you

2) as someone on an earlier rollcall to ask them and post on cc

Even if this was ok under Regent things may have changed so you dont want to be caught out.

Archived