Norway Sojourn cruise review

but ,,,oh well,,after 10 days,,lost in translation,,sorry,,,here s an brief one..Ports,,,Copenhagen,,,went on Canal tour prior to boarding,,did drop off luggage,,but take taxi,,,since long and winding road to canal....

Bergen,,,took HOHO bus,,had shuttle to town center,,but only 3 blocks away,,wait till pm for funicular,,less crowds,,,see fishmarket,old wharf area,,etc...and can walk back to ship.

Flam,took ships tour,,and was great to see inland Norway,,bus views spectacular,,with winding roads,scenic waterfalls, stops for lunch(bit crowded at the hotel,,but eat fast and wander area),,,the train ride from Vos,was less scenic due to railcars..but from Myrdal to Flam,,,very pretty,,with stop en route to see a waterfall,,and a singer standing by them..

Alesund,,,did trolley tour,,right at tourist center in town,,easy walk from ship...see town and go to observation tower for great views of area...harbor and city great to wander in...

Stavanger,,,took HOHO bus,,saw old wharf area,,and Oil museum,,,worth the easy walk from ship,,only there 5 hrs. so get early start,,but museum not open till 10...

Oslo,,,took HOHO bus, very near ship....went to Folkmusuem...very quaint,,like Norway from the past and nice walk around to see restored bldgs...then off to Vigelands Park,,,lots of sculptures and pretty area,,,both have lots of walking....can also just walk to town from ship,about 3 blocks.

Olden....do take the Roof of Norway tour,,,great with lots to see and do...bus ride spectacular,,,,ferry ride on Geiranger also great,,,stop at hotel for lunch,,less crowded and can see town after...book tour of some kind there,,since very small port....

Loved all the great food and service,,,and spacious cabin,,,even room service good and prompt...entertainment good too,,,but not till 10 at nite,,so take time at dinner...no problem getting table for 2,,even later..not as impressed with Rest.2,,a little too fancy for us,,but many liked it...was too cold most of time to eat lunch outside at Patio,,,but we bundled up after long tour and enjoyed it...

Hope that helps,,let me know if I missed anything,,,those going soon,,have a great time,,know you will....any questions???;)

alexandra cruiser,

Thank you. A little more detail.

What sort of entertainment and lectures did you have ?

In Bergen did any of your fellow passengers do the hiking tour that you know of.

Quite agree with you regarding Res 2-nice but yes rather fancy. We like the Collonade.

Thank you,

Kind regards

Tony

on 3 occasions,,,very good voices,,and wonderful russian dancers,,who also gave ballroom lessons...then had piano,violin player featured some nites,,,,very professional and enjoyed them.

Re.lectures,,,had Norwegian professor give 4 ,,re the history,exploration,ports,,etc...only 3 well attended,,one at 10 am had only 20 or so people...thought they were informative and sad not taken advantage of by more people...

Re.Bergen hiking,,,no didnt spk,to anyone that did that,,,,but wouldnt want to miss funicular,,if you could do both,,,great....also,,it was cold and rainy most of day,,and glad to be in HOHO bus,,,PS..it was colder than many had prepared for,do bring parka,hat,and gloves....and umbrella or poncho...the shops selling wool products got a lot of business,ahaha...esp.in Stavanger,,,was 45 and windy with steady rain,,,hope its nicer later in season...but STILL beautiful.....:)

>"One at 10 am had only 20 or so people."

I never go to the lounge but watch the lectures in my suite sitting in the desk chair. In the lounge the lights go down and I fall asleep. Just like when I had microbiology at 0745 in the winter and my seat was by the radiator.

Archived