Qsine

SusieV

When Eclipse made it over to the US after its tour of Europe last November we made reservations as we were on the 3 nite mini, before our 7 niter. We never do specialty restaurants but this is so unique and funky we booked it for both cruises. After having gone the first time I wasn't too keen to try again as there are so many choices and there were only 2 of us and we walk out of there so stuffed. But I must say I enjoyed the 2nd time much better - we were prepared to either forego things we tried once, or having seen something unique at the next table we tried that, but there were a couple of things we just had to have again so we made sure we kept room for them.

I think it would be more fun with larger groups as you can sample off each person. With only 2 a lot of items are for 4 people so you eat them cuz you feel guilty to leave it behind (at least that's what we told ourselves!).

I plan to make sure there is Qsine on my next trip as I am having disco shrimp, filet mignon withdrawals. And the chocolate dessert was heaven - thank goodness they actually wrapped it up for me to take back to the cabin as I could not finish it but couldn't bear to leave it behind.

Enjoy!

As you have been twice please could you recommend which dishes would be small so we can order several (we have booked for 2)? If you could order only one dish which one would it be? I love the idea of taking the rest of the chocolate dessert back to the cabin!

Sat at a table for 12 on the Eclipse. They used the large, long table in the center of the room. The large piece of glass in the center made eye contact with the opposite half of the table virtually impossible. We would have been far better off with two tables for six. Loved the concept and presentation. Found it to be a one time per cruise experience. I would note that because of the type of experience the room could get a bit loud. I would hope that a very large group would take into consideration that others not in the group will be sharing the room. I mention this only because my DW and I once sat at a table for 2 at the Tuscan Grille when a large and well lubricated group of 10 was seated very close to us. It was impossible for us to have a conversation. We left before dessert (perhaps a good thing). The staff tried to quited down the group without success. There were lots of complaints that night.

I saw that long table. The staff at Qsine were nice enough to tell us that they didn't recommend that table because it makes communicating with the group next to impossible. They put us at the largest round table and we all fit without a problem. We were all able to talk without a problem.

Jo-Ann

Could someone please tell me the charge for dining in Qsine. Sounds an interesting place to eat.:)

thanks

Val

Last time I ate there it was 30.00.

As you have been twice please could you recommend which dishes would be small so we can order several (we have booked for 2)? If you could order only one dish which one would it be? I love the idea of taking the rest of the chocolate dessert back to the cabin!

Well, technically they're all small--the entire menu is full of a variety of 'small plates' but they range from luscious seafood nibbles to filet mignon. Your server will hand you the 'menu (an iPad) and help talk you through the choices. The sushi lollipops were great as was the 'fire and ice' dish; we loved M's Favorites (M for Mediterranean I believe) but there is a lot of food on that one--I ate very sparingly, and if I didn't LOVE something I left the balance of it on my plate to leave room! Just review the choices carefully, and you can always add something later if you still have room.

Well, technically they're all small--the entire menu is full of a variety of 'small plates' but they range from luscious seafood nibbles to filet mignon. Your server will hand you the 'menu (an iPad) and help talk you through the choices. The sushi lollipops were great as was the 'fire and ice' dish; we loved M's Favorites (M for Mediterranean I believe) but there is a lot of food on that one--I ate very sparingly, and if I didn't LOVE something I left the balance of it on my plate to leave room! Just review the choices carefully, and you can always add something later if you still have room.

The M's....yes, those were delicious. It was served in what looks like

a portable shadow box;). Each item was in its own little box:D

Your description is very good too because they were all small but

there were sooooooo many choices;)

We did Qsine on our Eclipse sailing in March and really just did not enjoy it at all. We're in our early 30s and enjoy a wide range of dining venues, styles, etc., but this was just too far out there for our taste. It tries too hard to be hip and trendy, and just falls flat with awkward presentation of mediocre food. We enjoyed Tuscan Grille on Eclipse and loved Silk Harvest on Solstice. We deeply regretted using an evening of babysitting to go to Qsine on Eclipse and wish that we had gone to Murano, instead. We've got Summit lined up for January and love that she'll just have been "Solsticized," but wish they'd gone with adding either Silk Harvest or Tuscan Grille, rather than Qsine :(

....We've got Summit lined up for January and love that she'll just have been "Solsticized," but wish they'd gone with adding either Silk Harvest or Tuscan Grille, rather than Qsine :(

I have to say that before reading your post I'd just presumed that the rest of the M class ships were going to get Tuscan Grille just as the Constellation did. It is a shame that this isn't the case.

Unlike you, we do like Qsine but because it is a fun and unique experiance. But, it is not a place we'd dine at frequently and pales in comparison to Tuscan Grille. For example on our 14 night Connie cruise we ate at Tuscan Grille 4 nights - a lot of that had to do with the fact that we knew a lot of people on board who we wanted to join for dinner one night and Tuscan worked out best for those nights. I initially thought the 4 nights would be way to many, but it ended up being just fine and we really enjoyed it. While I'd love one night at Qsine I don't think I's like at all 4 times!

It is a real shame that the other three M class ships are getting Qsine rather than Tuscan.

We loved Qsine!!! We were given ipads and told to chose our favorites. We narrowed down the favorites to 7 that we would all like to try and the waitress brought out M's favorites:

qsine.jpg

and some other favorites for us to try. Everything is served tapas style, or meant to share. That's why it's better with a group because you have a larger assort of items to try. I think we tried a lot of the items on the menu because after we ate our 7 selections they kept bringing more things to try until we told them to stop. And then of course when it came time for dessert, we got to sample all of those.

The painter's filet was for two. Very good and tender with jars of sauces you paint on the filet mignon.

qsine5.jpg

Sushi Lollipops:

qsine6.jpg

Disco Shrimp:

qsine4.jpg

Soup:

soup.jpg

Mexican:

mexican.jpg

We did Qsine on Eclipse with a group of 11 and it was fantastic. Not the kind of thing I would do more than once a cruise, but definitely so different and eclectic.

Murano I could do a couple of times. We skipped Tuscan Grille because we ran out of time on a 7 night itinerary. But that's why we booked the Equinox TA so next time we can do Silk Harvest and Tuscan Grille, as well as one or two nights at Murano.

Jo-Ann

Hi Jo-Ann,

Did the 11 of you go to Murano or Tuscan Grille? I noticed on the X website under Specialty Restaurant Policy it stated "Please note that advanced reservations are limited to parties of six persons or less in all Specialty Restaurants. In order to preserve the intimate atmosphere of the restaurant, we cannot combine or rearrange tables."

We are a party of 11 and we wanted to celebrate a birthday and anniversary by going to a specialty restaurant and I was discouraged when I saw that information on the website.

Any large groups have trouble with reserving tables for their group at specialty restaurants?

Thanks!!!

I have a group of 12 and want to sit at one table. Can't make reservations online for 12 at 6:30 as I tried. So I went ahead and made them for 6, hoping to see the maitre'd once we board to change it to 12. Want the 6:30 time slot the second day out, which is a sea day so might be popular. Any other suggestions as to how I can get the reservation done ahead of time just to guarantee the table?

A lot of people prefer the MDR on the first sea day, as it is typically a formal night and an upgraded menu.

I saw that long table. The staff at Qsine were nice enough to tell us that they didn't recommend that table because it makes communicating with the group next to impossible. They put us at the largest round table and we all fit without a problem. We were all able to talk without a problem.

Jo-Ann

How many did the large round table seat? We're definitely eating there in November and I want to make sure we all get to talk to one another....or, more importantly, see what everyone is eating.:D

We were a party of 11 at Qsine. They seated us at a large, round table and it was great.

We originally did separate reservations....one group made a reservation for 6 and the other group made their own reservation for 4 and when we boarded we went to speak to the manager of Qsine to see if 1.) we could all be seated at tables next to each other...and he was kind enough to say he would put us all at one large table, and 2.) if we could add another person to our reservation and enlarge our party to 11.

Both requests were happily accommodated.

When we went to Murano (it was Valentine's Day so we made our reservation ahead of time online because we knew it would be busy), again, we made two separate reservations for parties of 4 and 4 and when we boarded the ship, went to see Murano's mgr and he happily obliged by saying they would put all 8 of us at one table (which was a large round table).

Jo-Ann

[/i]

Archived