Cabin 9500 Any info? Photos? & Cagneys question

strype2

From my reading here....suite privileges are reserved for those staying and paying for suites...It's possible an exception would be made upon request but in my opinion it would be unfair for NCL to honor it....

We will be in cabin 9500 June 2012. DD, DSIL & DGD will be in an inside cabin close by. Will they be able to join us at Cagneys for Breakfast and Lunch?

No, they will not. Breakfast and lunch at Cagneys is a perk that people in suites pay a lot of extra money for. Why would passengers in an inside cabin get those perks they DID NOT pay for?

suites and two regular cabins. They did let us bring one of our grandchildren who was in one of the cabins--but then we were a huge group mostly in big suites. If it shows you are traveling together, it might make a difference.

There have been some varying reports on this. A few posters have said they were allowed to bring non--suite guests into Cagney's with them, but most have said they were not, and that the concierge politely made this clear (often without being asked) early in the cruise. So, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask, but please don't count on it or set your traveling mates up for disappointment if it doesn't happen. You'll probably want to have an understanding in advance that there may be some times you two go to Cagney's and the others are on their own for breakfast and lunch. However, it IS possible for you to order from Cagney's (or anywhere else) and have the butler serve all of you in your suite.

There was a lengthy strip on this subject some weeks ago. It appears that occasionally NCL will allow others to accompany suite members in Cagney's. In fact, we accompanied family members with a suite at Cagney's a couple of times when Cagney's was not crowded, but not as a routine.

Interesting, one poster went over the top and referred to us as "freeloaders." It was a mini upgrade for us (a lot less than getting an upgrade to First Class on an airline), but some posters got very emotional.

Thanks everyone. No big deal, doesn't make one bit of difference to me if I eat in Cagneys, breakfast or lunch, or not. Kids don't even know it's an option. Some posterd DO get extremely emotional if, GOD forbid, a non-suite guest gets into their space. :eek:

DH and I had Cabin 9500 on the Gem last year for 2 weeks on a Med Cruise. The best thing about that cabin is that there is plenty of room for all of you to eat together on the huge balcony. We have been in suites several times with family members in non-suite and the only time we could bring those family members to Cagneyswith us was during the first lunch after check-in while waiting for the cabins to be ready. This was with permission of the concierge who told the hostess it was O.K.. The hostess at Cagneys will ask your cabin # and ask to see your room key and will have a list of how many are in your cabin. If there are 2 of you in the suite than her list will show that number. We would take turns with my son and daughter-in-law and let them go to Cagney's on occasion. The concierge said there was no problem with giving them our room key and letting them go in our place.

Thanks for the info. Very helpful. We are very excited. Originally we were going to book one of the Court Yard villas but thought it would be far and removed from the kids and we want to all play together. :D Very happy to hear the cabin is great and the deck does look awesome. We will be extra careful about what goes on out there due to the cameras. Good thing we are not camera shy. :eek:

Thanks everyone. No big deal, doesn't make one bit of difference to me if I eat in Cagneys, breakfast or lunch, or not. Kids don't even know it's an option. Some posterd DO get extremely emotional if, GOD forbid, a non-suite guest gets into their space. :eek:

Surely you are kidding? It's that old adage, if everybody did it... There are 2 of you in a suite if every 2 people invited 2 or 3 or 4 non suite guests to dine in Cagney's pretty soon it is overcrowded and the wait staff and kitchen are over worked. What's so wonderful is that Cagney's is so quiet and relaxing. I'm sure you did not imply suite pax are snobs? On my last cruise when I wanted to dine with my cousin and her friend we ate in the MDR or Great Outdoors.

Did not want to imply Suite guests are snobs as that would mean I am a snob and I am not. I just get a little chuckel out of some of the passionate replys having to do with suite guests vs. non suite guests.:rolleyes: I read a lot of these threads and find it very funny. Totally understand and respect the capacity limitations. First time on NCL so I am just asking the questions. :)

OMG why do some people take it so personal, some people act like you killed somebody and like your going to just ruin everybodys trip, some people need to relax when questions are asked thats what this board is for, knowledge!!!

Archived