AMAWaterways Danube cruise from a Regent cruisers perspective

RachelG

Hey Whatnot!

How funny to see you over here!

We are booked on AMA for Vietnam for next summer so we will be following this as well.

We'll have to tell DisneyJen that it IS a small SD world!

:p

We are on our way for our AMAWaterways cruise from Prague to Budapest. I will be posting live here: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426905

If anyone has questions, please ask.

You have made my day! We are just about to start researching River Cruises for next summer...I will be following your posts...thank you and I hope you have a fabulous vacation!

Peek-a-boo

I have also been researching river cruises for next summer. Pretty much settled on Viking Cruise's "Grand European Tour" 15 days Amsterdam to Budapest. Why, you ask? Viking has 4 new boats coming out next year with "real" balconies, not just French ones, on that particular cruise tour. We have never done a river cruise but everyone raves about them. After doing 70 ocean cruises, it is probably time for river one.

if you ve never been on river cruise,,may want to start with one less than 15 days,,,I love them,,,been on 8 or so,,but not same as luxury ocean cruise,,and may not be to your taste....also,,AMA has the new boats with 2 balconies...a real plus,,,have been on Viking,,with old boat to Russia,,,so cant compare the two...the cabins are small, dinner is at one seating and few tables for 2,food is good,but not great...but nice to sit on top deck and get closeup view of Europe,,etc..and just walk off ship to center of town,,in most cases....After last 2 cruises with Regent and Seabourn,,,will be hard to top,,,but booked AMA next June for same cruise as Rachael is now own....;)

We are on our way for our AMAWaterways cruise from Prague to Budapest. I will be posting live here: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426905

If anyone has questions, please ask.

We are also looking into that same cruise I will watch for further posts to hear how you like it. I am particularly interested in the quality of the tours.

Archived