aft balconies?

cruisernh

I know from searching the suite aft balconies are way larger. 2 questions can people above you see you on your balcony and is any of it covered? I like the sun but don't want to be burnt to a crisp!

Thanks

Looking at the Mediterranea

If you stand at the rail then yes, those above can see you.

The balcony is about half covered so if you sit near the wall you may be able to get shade (depends on which way the ship is facing and sun angle).

Biggest problem was people above flicking Cigarette and cigar butts out. They tell you that this is a no-no because the wind sucks them back toward to the ship. We'd wake up in the morning and find a cigar or cigarette butt sitting on the chair or deck.

• 2 weeks later...

We truly enjoyed our HUGE balcony. We had cabin # 5266 (Aft-PS). Wonderful view and plenty of room to relax, have breakfast or simply enjoy the sun and get tanned.

We did not find anything on our balcony in the morning.. :-(

No cigarette butts, no cigars, no roses and also no mermaids... LOL ;-)

I would definately book this cabin again! (but maybe also want to try the mid-ship GS)... simply looks spacious!

Andy

We had a grand suite on deck 4. We didn't have a balcony...we had a terrace ;) Great for relaxing....most of it was shaded and covered. Couldn't see anyone else and they couldn't see us unless we were standing at the railing...

At certain times of day you could get a bit of sun.

And yes there were cigarette butts on ours too :mad:

we had a grand suite aft on deck 4. We didn't have a balcony we had a terrace;)

most of it was shaded and covered. Part of it was in the sun at certain times of day. Couldn't see anyone and they couldn't see us unless we were standing at the railing.

And yes we had cigarette butts on our balcony too... :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

We had an aft balcony but couldn't use it because it was always wet as when it rained it all flowed downwards. Also there was a problem with the soot from the chimney stack. Some mornings our balcony was covered with large lumps of soot and if you walked out you dragged it back on your feet into the cabin. I'd never get an aft balcony again.

Archived