Called Captain's Club, got regular X agent

PartyAllDaTyme

I was preparing to start a thread about Celebrity's Best Price Guarantee (BPG) and decided to call X to ask if it also applies to bookings outside the penalty period, or just those within the penalty period. Figuring this was a simple question that any idiot could answer, I called the main number and got Melissa, who informed me that it does not apply to new bookings made within the penalty period, only those made prior to final payment. Since the BPG was started in conjunction with the end of the practice of giving OBC for price drops within the penalty period, this made no sense. I looked up the Cruise Critic article that came out at the time, and it confirmed my memory that the BPG was available to anyone, regardless of when they booked. The only reason I called is because I thought I recalled that they modified it to exclude early bookings, so I was very surprised to hear Melissa say it was the other way around.

But this is not about the issues with the BPG-- I'll deal with that later. I decided to call Captain's Club, knowing that the regular Celebrity reps don't always give the best answers. Since this wasn't an issue about 1) a new booking, 2) redeeming Celebrity reward points (and just what the heck are those? something left over from the Celebrity credit card?) or 3) a question about membership number or tier credits, I stayed on the line, as instructed, for the next available Captain's Club representative. I was amazed to be talking to Melissa again:eek:. Told her I was calling for Captain's Club, she said she'd transfer me. I got the same options again.

In the past, when I've been looking for expert advice, I've relied on Captain's Club. Apparently, I've been talking all this time with the regular bozos at Celebrity, not Captain's Club reps. So how do you speak to an actual CC rep?I would assume if I pressed 1 for a new booking it would route me to the regular X gomers. Is the best option number 3?

In the past, when I've been looking for expert advice, I've relied on Captain's Club. Apparently, I've been talking all this time with the regular bozos at Celebrity, not Captain's Club reps. So how do you speak to an actual CC rep?I would assume if I pressed 1 for a new booking it would route me to the regular X gomers. Is the best option number 3?

I know this is going to sound like a stupid question but what telephone number are you dialing? I have 1-800-760-0654 for the Captains Club and it only gives two options:

1- Book new reservation

2- Redeem reward points

otherwise stay on the line....

I know this is going to sound like a stupid question but what telephone number are you dialing? I have 1-800-760-0654 for the Captains Club and it only gives two options:

1- Book new reservation

2- Redeem reward points

otherwise stay on the line....

:o You're right, there's only two options. When I was typing up the post, I called back and heard the membership number and tier credits offer and thought it was a third option without listening all the way through. If you want your tier credits, visit them online at CelebrityCruises dot com.

So will you get a CC rep if you press 1, or will it route you to the regular X agents, as I assumed it would? Can you only get a CC rep by pressing 2? At this point, I'm figuring either would work, but it would seem to make more sense to route the call to a "Certified Vacation Planner" if you want to make a new booking. Still strange that by staying on the line, you would get routed back to X.

I kept the extension number of the two reps I have talked to before, one when booking the Reflection and the other when I had a question about getting credits for a cruise back in 1999. I always use them. I would probably just hold for a CC rep and get their extension number and stick with them if they sound knowledgable?

I called back and heard the membership number and tier credits offer and thought it was a third option without listening all the way through.

Somehow this tickled my funny bone, especially in light of your "regular bozos" and "regular gomers" comments.

I've called the regular line...got passed to Captain's Club...transfered to back-to-back bookings....disconnected. Called Captain's Club...transfered to back-to-back bookings...disconnected...Called regular line asked to be transfered directly to back-to-back bookings...disconnected. Finally, just called regular line...got the same person again!!! Finally, he was able to deal with all the rebooking, moving cabins and other issues.

Bottom line...doesn't seem to matter who you call, or what you want/need to do...regular line people can do it, with a little effort on their part.

Somehow this tickled my funny bone, especially in light of your "regular bozos" and "regular gomers" comments.

:D Guilty! I never claimed I wasn't qualified (or unqualified, as the case may be) to be a Celebrity CSR-- the difference is, they're getting paid for it!:D

I'll plead half-asleep-- I work nights, and didn't get to bed until about 6 this morning.

Archived