Water Temperature Question

nomie

I have booked June 1 for next year on the Dawn and I was just wondering how cold or warm the pool and beach water will be. I really hate cold water. Maybe I should book later in June but the price is higher.

While you are in Bermuda I would recommend visiting Horseshoe Bay Beach. It's a beauty.

Enjoy!

Keith

Yes it is:) I have been there before. I have also sailed the first week in June and seem to remember the water being a little to cold so that is why I am thinking of going a little later. Just hate to have to pay almost $500.00 more.

Yes it is:) I have been there before. I have also sailed the first week in June and seem to remember the water being a little to cold so that is why I am thinking of going a little later. Just hate to have to pay almost $500.00 more.

I also found the water on the cool side the begining of June. If someone does not like cold water I don't reccomend that date. I would not call the water cold then but it is cool, not warm.

On the other end of the summer--we are thinking of going the last week of September--will the water be too cold to go into then?

I would call the water temp in Bermuda in September warm. Very nice.

All this water temperature advice is relative. I have low tolerance. I notice when I can't tolerate the water as too cool others are doing fine. Particularly younger people. Also people from New England who are used to colder waters seem to do better than I do.

To the OP--as soon as I read your message I checked where you are from to judge my answer. Since you live in MA, I would say you are used to colder water temps than say a Southener!

I just returned from Bermuda. The air temp was avg. 80, the humidity was low, and the water was cool when you first went in, and if you had been sitting in the sun it was quite refreshing. The only day I felt cold in the water, it was quite breezy and a bit overcast. Coming from NY I would say that water was as warm as it ever gets at the beach in NY, even in August!!

Last year I was there for the last week of May and the water was colder.

Bermudians in general do not go in the water before May 24th (Bermuda Day), and I did speak with 3 who had not been in as yet. The low humidity may have contributed to this. Honestly, this was the best weather I have ever had in Bermuda--9 days and it only rained once, and that cleared up. The humidity started to rise just before I left and I was thankful it wasn't that humid for most of my stay!!

I went once in November and though it was cool in the evenings, the days were warm and the water was warm. Though one day we stayed quite late at the beach not realizing there was no more daylight savings time and riding the scooters back in beachwear and coverups was mighty chilly as the sun was setting!!

Thanks Bryzymom!

Sounds like our Nov 5th cruise the weather will not be cold. I dont mind the cool in mornings and evenings. I just want to be able to enjoy the beaches during the afternoons.

We just got back on Sunday and the ocean seemed cool when you first went in but once under the water it was quite nice. There were quite a few people in the ocean just standing around and stayed in for quite a while so to me that is a good indicator that it wasn't too cold.

PS - after snorkeling in 65 degrees (no wetsuit) last November in the Galapagos, I think anything would feel warm now.

Angela

Archived