Private Islands: Coco Cay vs. Labadee

OhCheck

Seeing as Royal Caribbean owns 2 private islands, I am looking for a comparison between the two. I have been to Coco Cay and am considering Labadee on our next cruise.

How do the two islands differ and compare in general?

Sizes?

Abundance of Beach?

Which do you prefer and why?

Thanks!

-Jon

Seeing as Royal Caribbean owns 2 private islands, I am looking for a comparison between the two. I have been to Coco Cay and am considering Labadee on our next cruise.

How do the two islands differ and compare in general?

Sizes?

Abundance of Beach?

Which do you prefer and why?

Thanks!

-Jon

Sorry to deflate...but Labadee is not an island, but is instead a penninsula on the north coast of Haiti.

I prefer Coco Cay for the prettier beaches and much better snorkeling.

But many love Labadee for the variety of entertainment. (It was recently redone and is huge).

Also keep in mind that Coco Cay is a tendered port, meaning you are at the mercy of the sea conditions that could prevent the stop there if the captain deems it too rough.

Labadee now has a solid pier with the ship docked.

Have a great cruise! :D

I can not do a comparison of both places because it has been too many years since I went to CC, and do not really remember it at all. But I have been to Labadee lately and loved it. The rows of hammocks swinging under the palm trees, the wide expance of beach so walk on, the Zip_Line that is a "MUST" coming down over one of the beaches was a highlight for me. what a ride, what a view.

As you have already done CC, I would recommend doing Labadee next.

I love both, but Labadee has gotten to be more than just a 'beach'....Coco Cay is still basically just a beach day, with beautiful water and scenery. Labadee is becoming more of a "destination", what with roller coaster, zip-line, shopping area, etc....

I have recently been to both (Cococay on FOS/July 2010 and Labadee on NOS/Feb 2011). Both are great stops if you enjoy a beach day. However, I would rate Labadee better because of its natural beauty, variety of offerings, and ease of dock vs tender.

If you like snorkeling or diving, probably Coco would be the better. Coco may be the best snorkeling anywhere certainly for the price (free because we bring all our own stuff) :D

We've not been to Labadee since the dock was built. We're looking forward to being there in October!!

Archived