Holy Crap! Boston got the Glory for June and July 2012

ManyMore

I dont even know why they go to Canada for the whole summer season. I just came back and it was freezing, nothing to do there (st John anyway). I wish they did 5 night Bermuda runs and then maybe mix in a small handful of Canada cruises toward the fall. The Glory was great though

I looked at the Carnival website and didn't see this as a port location. Did I miss something or is it too early to book on the web?

set the departure port to Boston, MA when you search for cruises

Saw this and am excited. I do want to try a canada cruise some day. yes I know I can drive it in the same time but... Maybe this will open us up to more cruises. I would love a 8 day eastern Caribbean.

I am just excited to have the Carnival ships in Boston! I may have to plan a new running route so I can run by the Black Falcon Terminal on embark/debark day! It's so exciting to have cruise ships in port.

Plus, those flying in can enjoy a great city to explore!

And, if you're flying in late, you could probably swim from the airport to the terminal, it's so close. Airport's on one side of the tunnel, cruise terminal's at the other side of the tunnel.

Woohooo!!! Welcome to Boston!

I am just excited to have the Carnival ships in Boston! I may have to plan a new running route so I can run by the Black Falcon Terminal on embark/debark day! It's so exciting to have cruise ships in port.

Plus, those flying in can enjoy a great city to explore!

And, if you're flying in late, you could probably swim from the airport to the terminal, it's so close. Airport's on one side of the tunnel, cruise terminal's at the other side of the tunnel.

A shuttle boat from Logan to the pier would be great

Why all the rude comments about Canada?

Living in Boston I would just prefer to cruise somewhere that is usually warmer then us. I would think Canada would have the same type of weather that is here. Also, I go to Maine a few times in the summer so why would I pay all that money to cruise there. Its just when I think of cruising, I think of warm & tropical, not Canada..

Why all the rude comments about Canada?

I like Canada, we go all the time. Just not a place I would cruise to. We can drive from our house and be in Quebec City, Toronto, Montreal or the Maritimes within 5-7 hours. Plus there are usually a couple stops in Maine on such a cruise. What am I going to do in Maine? Pick up my dry-cleaning? It’s a great itinerary for folks from down south or from the west coast, but people in the port cities on the east coast aren’t going to find it very interesting. Not allot of folks from Alaska taking Alaskan cruises, right?

It appears from the comments that Canada cruises are more for people not from the northeast. I'm in NH and cruising to someplace COLDER than where I am is not my idea of a vacation. Our summers are usually very short in reality, regardless of what the calendar says and I certainly don't want to spend it going someplace colder.

...Especially this year....the weather has been absolutely HORRIBLE! A high of 55 degrees today, and we're in southern NH!!!

It's really too bad that Carnival ships cannot make it to Quebec City and Montreal...I think many folks would really enjoy these ports - and the weather from May to September is great!

I know some cruise lines can port in Montreal, but I imagine the ships are quite small. Montreal is a spectacular, multi-cultural and diverse city - too bad Carnival can't offer Montreal as a port :(

It's really too bad that Carnival ships cannot make it to Quebec City and Montreal...I think many folks would really enjoy these ports - and the weather from May to September is great!

I know some cruise lines can port in Montreal, but I imagine the ships are quite small. Montreal is a spectacular, multi-cultural and diverse city - too bad Carnival can't offer Montreal as a port :(

actually, there were some cruises that were announced a couple of years ago that covered this itinerary, then, all of a sudden, they were pulled. i believe it was scheduled for the triumph.

i had planned on booking, and then , viola, gone.....poof.

Same here...I'm from North of Boston and when I saw Carnival was coming to Boston, got all excited...then I saw Canada...Who wants to go to Canada? I'm hoping this is the beginning but I'm afraid if people don't go to Canada, they may drop Boston all together...

...Who wants to go to Canada?

i do :D. i loved my cruise there on the victory. i would love too leave from boston instead of new york . i would go a few days ahead of time too tour this great city longer than the few hrs i was there. so im happy all the way around too hear the news. ;)

actually, there were some cruises that were announced a couple of years ago that covered this itinerary, then, all of a sudden, they were pulled. i believe it was scheduled for the triumph.

i had planned on booking, and then , viola, gone.....poof.

I remember those. There were 9 day cruises called beyond the glaciers, i think.

I remember them trying it a couple of times, but they always pulled them because the demand wasn't there.

My guess is they moved the Glory to Boston from NY to do the same Canada runs because it's closer to Canada. That means less fuel spent getting up there and back. They probably didn't make this move because they figured everyone in New England wanted to visit Canada lol. People in other parts of the country who want to visit Canada will book the cruise whether it leaves out of Boston or NYC, so why not save some fuel costs along the way? Just my $0.02.

My guess is they moved the Glory to Boston from NY to do the same Canada runs because it's closer to Canada. That means less fuel spent getting up there and back. They probably didn't make this move because they figured everyone in New England wanted to visit Canada lol. People in other parts of the country who want to visit Canada will book the cruise whether it leaves out of Boston or NYC, so why not save some fuel costs along the way? Just my $0.02.

i'm curious how the fares will compare to ny.

Boston can have the Canada cruise. Went on triumph out of NY in the summer 09 and the warmest it got up there was 66 degrees at the end of august :( . I couldn't wait to get home. I'll take that loss any day.

we also went june 09. and was a cold/wet june in new england (vermont) BUT we had 2 beautiful days in port at halifax and st. john.

this year, cold/wet again for june lol. but some days are pretty nice. i agree, they should try and do 8 days to caribbean as well as canada

It appears from the comments that Canada cruises are more for people not from the northeast. I'm in NH and cruising to someplace COLDER than where I am is not my idea of a vacation. Our summers are usually very short in reality, regardless of what the calendar says and I certainly don't want to spend it going someplace colder.

...Especially this year....the weather has been absolutely HORRIBLE! A high of 55 degrees today, and we're in southern NH!!!

I'm from North of Boston...my thoughts exactly!

There are ships in port often during the summer and fall, you can find the schedule of the port of call days on the Massport site. Have yourself a run by any time lol

I live only a 10-15 minute drive from the pier in Boston. My biggest concern are the rough seas up here. I constantly here stories from people about how they got seasick from sailing out of New England coast (mainly Boston to Bermuda) and that they would not do it again. It is nice that the Glory will be here. I will have to go and take a look some day while she's in port when she gets here.

I am looking at the 7 day Canadian cruise next June. I'm from Illinois, and all the ports would be new to me. I've done 3 warm cruises already, so a cooler climate would be a nice change. Canada looks really pretty, and I would enjoy the history in Boston. Prices are very reasonable too.

Archived