Alaska Groupon June 12, 2011

EatPrayCruise

Just FYI...today's Groupon: for $209, you get a helicopter and dog-sled tour of Godwin Glacier from Seward Helicopter Tours (a $419 value).

The Fine Print

• Expires Sep 1, 2011
  • Limit 3 per person. Limit 1 per visit. Must sign waiver. 300lb weight max per seat. 620lb total weight max. May split Groupon between 2 people.
  • See the rules that apply to all deals.

Highlights

• Spectacular helicopter views
  • Sled with professional mushers & trained sled dogs
  • Highly trained tour guides

Relatively new here on these boards, Mary. I think it was AKSusan or one of the locals who alerted me to this. I've signed up for Anchorage, Seattle, and for where I live. Its kind of fun getting these alerts every day, plus I got a 2 for 1 deal on the Reindeer Farm in Palmer for our excursion in Anchorage this year. Lots of great deals they are running for Anchorage area - just have to keep your eyes open and be sure to read the fine print about exclusions and regulations.

The groupon description mentions using a Pollux Aviation helicopter, the same company that had a crash last summer. I don't think it was determined exactly who/what was at fault, but flying in poor weather conditions certainly couldn't have helped. Stay safe, those who got in on this deal!

We changed our plans a little so we could make use of this Groupon. We were booked to do a helicopter/dogsled tour out of Girdwood July 2nd, but to save $209 pp we changed to do this one out of Seward on July 8th. Now we have a little more free time to explore on July 2nd! ( and a little more $$ to spend!! ) :D

Archived