SeaIslandLady.....Cruise???

sail7seas

It occured to me we haven't heard from SeaIslandLady about her cruise. She had posted a great many questions prior regarding her upcoming cruise and then, just before they were to leave, she hurt her back or neck or something and was in horrible pain.

I wonder......Did SeaIslandLady go on her cruise? How did she enjoy it?

I researched the soap opera that developed a few days before she left (and lasted for a few days afterward). There was some discussion about whether SIL was a troller or merely someone desperately in need of attention. I sincerely hope that 1) she was a real person, 2) she was able to overcome her apparently stress-induced maladies and 3) she was able to enjoy her cruise.

I am pretty sure she is a real person. After her previous cruise her name was Family of 14 and when she returned from that cruise she changed her name because she said she was tired of answering the question about the family of 14 so she became SIL. Due to a drama prior to leaving on that cruise several of us lost track of her and then she announced herself as SIL. Then this cruise more drama. I would guess she will be back in another new name. I think she is a real person, but needs lots of attention. I don't know this for a fact, however.:D The prior cruise was RCI so mayber her next will be princess or X.:D

It would help her credibility if she would be honest and tell us the truth, but I am not expecting this.

jc

Sea Island Lady, I am so sorry you were treated poorly on CC. I do not have much experience with the other health issues you mentioned, but I know that the thyroid can mess your health up quite a bit, in many ways one would not even think of. I hope you find out exactly what the problem is and get the medical help you need.

My DW has dealt with hypothyroidism for several years, and the number of ills and conditions that can be impacted by a thyroid condition is mind numbing. I sincerely hope that SIL is on the road to recovery, as implied in her last message...

While I am sympathetic to anyone with excessive health issues, I honestly do not think the CC message boards is the place to come for "help and guidance". SIL received numerous diagnoses of her problems before leaving for her cruise and I think it's dangerous for anyone to pay attention to any of it.

None of us know SIL's personal medical history so it was inexcusable when so many people were hinting at what might be wrong with her.

I am terrible upset to read that anyone would even consider mixing Advil, thyroid meds, and hormones with a "few afternoon and evening drinks" along with Mechlizine while they are on a cruise without medical supervision.

We all come to these message boards with many different backgrounds and probably all kinds of personal baggage. We should not unpack it here. All of us went through a period where we were disappointed by a few posters who were not who they appeared to be. I don't think any CC members need to apologize for questioning a situation that appears to be highly unusual.

I continue to believe that the very best rule of thumb is not to delve into the very depths and details of our own personal torments or illnesses here on the message boards. That is something that should be talked about with our families, our friends and our doctors.

We always have to remember that as much as we may enjoy each other on these boards, no one here knows us well enough to guide us through a difficult time. I believe to do that is a very dangerous thing and I don't feel any of us should encourage anyone on here to use these boards for that purpose.

SIL, I truly hope you get better, but I have to agree with Heather completely. You have brought all of this attention to yourself, by sharing more information than is healthy, wise or safe in an public forum. It is one thing for you to share information via email to a friend even if it is a friend from this forum, but it is another to share this information in a completely open forum like this?:confused:

Many of us can not comprehend the thought process that makes you think of sharing the details of your medical history here in this forum. This leads to the unfortunate speculation that has befell you. Just a word to the wise. ;) On the best of occassions you have no control to what others post, and in a situation like this the results of that are likely to be painful to you. JMHO

jc

Hi SIL, I remember you from the Celebrity board when you were originally booked on a Med cruise. I've moved too as it's my DH's 40 birthday in August and after saying he didn't want to do anything special he changed his mind - so we're on the Westerdam Baltic cruise as St Petersburg is high on the must see list.

Sorry to hear that you're not well and I wouldn't worry about some of the rather odd posts here. Glad you managed to get some enjoyment out of your cruise, I remember how much you were looking forward to it, and it was nice to hear that the people with you were good company too.

I'm waiting for Celebrity to open bookings for next year as I really fancied the Millie cruise and itinerary. May see you there

Take care of yourself and hope you get well soon, Soraya

I completely agree with Heather & JC. Sea Island Lady, this forum is no place to share that type of personal information. If, indeed you do have serious medical problems, these should be discussed with, and questions asked and answered with your personal physician, not an open public forum. IMHO, if you feel that some of the previous posts ridiculed you, I must admit that you brought it on yourself. Even in the above post of yours, you have given out far too much personal information that, I personally don't care to read about.

Stretch

I agree with Stretch. However, I feel that insight is almost always helpful to a patient, regardless of the malady. So, SIL, look up "facial nerve" on the internet and you will see that it does arise from the brain and passes through a small opening in the skull, not via the cervical spine. I don't know the source of your misinformation and only hope you have not recieved "treatment" for a facial nerve condition based on false information.I wish you all success in finding the source and cure for your problems.

...along with the other 298 people that have read it so far. Lot's of interest for people that didn't care to know so much. :rolleyes: .............

The folks over on RCCL and Celebrity are much friendlier and supportive. ;)

Point 1: Notice how few of those 298 people posted. That should tell you something.

Point 2: I think you got enormous friendship and support on the HAL boards (though admittedly not from me).

Sea Island Lady, with all the utmost respect and I mean that sincerely, did you read my post? There is nothing rude about it. I was trying to explain why there is a a time and a place for everything. And though I would never share such intimate details of an illness, I am sure there are forums where you could and it would be welcome.

You are right ... this is not a "health" board. I am stunned that people continue to diagnose you and give you medical information.

It's dangerous and it is personal. How could anyone dispute that. If you're offended by someone telling you honestly and fairly that this is not the forum for this discussion, than I'm sorry you so misunderstand. We don't know you at all. We don't know who you are and you don't know us. This is not a place to get medical information or pour out your guts.

With any measure of kindness, people will stop posting their opinions about your obvious illness and let this thread die. It has absolutely nothing to do with cruising.

Archived