Wi-Fi Access?

JenPett

Hi,

We are going on the Carnival Glory and I am wondering about wi-fi access. I am going to bring my Ipad for my son to watch videos, etc. Will I have access to the Internet in my stateroom?

Thanks!

JenPett

Hi,

We are going on the Carnival Glory and I am wondering about wi-fi access. I am going to bring my Ipad for my son to watch videos, etc. Will I have access to the Internet in my stateroom?

Thanks!

JenPett

You can get internet access....but it will cost you hundreds of dollars to stream videos during the cruise. You pay by the minute for internet access....

we bought the internet package last year and I won't be buying it again. it was way too slow and very frustrating so I ended up not using all the minutes. I actually ended up letting a lady use them on the last night b/c she needed to change her travel plans. I will use that $100 to buy something cool!! :)

On the Dream, it was $29 for 45 minutes...should have purchased the unlimited for $199 (or something like that). Would have saved me some bucks!

I didnt know they had a unlmited plan. I would have to not do that, as Im a bit of a internet addict.

I love that I'm not the only one who got a tablet for their cruise! I went with an Android one, not the iPad, but its great.

And, for those with tablets, take a look at a program called Handbrake. It let's you convert your DVDs into a format that Android and iTunes can play!

If you're just looking to stay in touch with family and friends at home... you can do it from your cabin for FREE on Carnival.com's FUNVILLE site!!! Go to the Forums, and then to currently on board. Use your Ipad to connect for free!!!

You'll need to register before your cruise, so you can get a password and id... and your family and frineds will have to register too!! You must understand that ANYBODY can peek in and read what you write... But it does give you a way to "chat" back and forth with them at no charge!!

If they are just going to lurk... your family and friends don't even need to register... They just won't be able to post anything without registering!

I use it everytime I cruise!!!

Archived