Groupon

hlb76

I signed up for Groupon in NOLA as we will be spending a few days there pre-cruise. Thus far the offer have been descent but not what we want for a little pre-cruise fun. But today they have a good one on walking tours from New Orleans Spirit Tours. We talked about doing a walking tour or 2 so maybe I will have to snag it up. Plus its a great way to pre-pay for some of the costs.

Has anyone else ever done this?

I wasn't sure if you were wondering about the tour itself or whether you were asking about Groupon?

I have not been to New Orleans, so haven't done the tour. But, if you were asking about Groupon, I use them on a very regular basis (along with similar sites) here in the Washington DC area and they save me tons of money and I've never had any problem whatsoever with using them. The only thing I suggest is make sure you read the fine print. They are popular and sometimes the days/times you can use them are limited. But, if I were going to be in a city where they had Groupon, I would sign up in a minute and take advantage of whatever I could.

Suzanne

Hi Heather! Have not done any walking tours of New Orleans - but have done groupon before and love the deals we get.... We are using our 4th groupon this coming weekend. You may want to go the the Trip Advisor site and check out if anyone says anything about this tour if you have had no success on the ports/departures boards..... get a feel to see if these guys give a good tour or not....

Have a great cruise!

Dont you have to redeem the coupon and use it the day its posted?

I tried once to use groupon and it was such a pain, after driving at least 10 miles each way to get a deal on ice cream I never got. Had to have the prepayment printed out and take it to the place in person, yadda yadda yadda.

they make it too hard to use to me.

being from new orleans i can tell you that most of the walking tours are pretty entertaining. just in case though, i'd venture over to tripadvisor and see if that particular company has any reviews. these guys mostly go on word of mouth from hotel concierges and vacation websites, so it pays for them to have a good tour.

I signed up for Groupon months ago. Have only used it once. Am now getting my local newspaper on the weekends for just $10.00 for the year. Good deal.

I sent a Groupon offer to my daughter for a miniature golfing package at a great discount. They used it and had a great time.

Thanks for the support everyone. I think we are going to buy them and se what happens. I ahve had good luck w/ local Groupon's.

I just wish I could buy more than 1. We are traveling a group of 8. My family (4) and my son's friend and our friends family (3). She is going to buy one and I will so use adults will be covered. I just wish we could get more for the kids. The kids under over 12 are considered adults... wonder if I could Gift my son's friend a groupon and he and my son could use it? Or maybe that would be cheating.

It will just be nice to have 1 more tour pre-paid:)

Thanks for the support everyone. I think we are going to buy them and se what happens. I ahve had good luck w/ local Groupon's.

I just wish I could buy more than 1. We are traveling a group of 8. My family (4) and my son's friend and our friends family (3). She is going to buy one and I will so use adults will be covered. I just wish we could get more for the kids. The kids under over 12 are considered adults... wonder if I could Gift my son's friend a groupon and he and my son could use it? Or maybe that would be cheating.

It will just be nice to have 1 more tour pre-paid:)

If they do, give them a referral link to purchase it through. Then you get a $10 credit towards your next groupon!

I signed up for Groupon in NOLA as we will be spending a few days there pre-cruise. Thus far the offer have been descent but not what we want for a little pre-cruise fun. But today they have a good one on walking tours from New Orleans Spirit Tours. We talked about doing a walking tour or 2 so maybe I will have to snag it up. Plus its a great way to pre-pay for some of the costs.

Has anyone else ever done this?

The walking tour in the French Quarter is pretty cool with lots of interesting stories about the history of the places you will see. Make sure you hit Cafe du Monde for some beignets.(yummy) Hope y'all have a great time down here.

Living Social has a good deal today for 1/2 off a 2 hour segway tour in New Orleans. I've never done it but it sounds like fun.

http://livingsocial.com/deals/41158-two-hour-segway-tour

If you're interested in bugs, there is another site with 1/2 off for the Audubon Insectarium. I was so not looking forward to going there with my nephew but I actually enjoyed it. http://brno.neofillstore.com/intro/brno/index.php?index_type=promo-detail&pid=16787

They also have 1/2 off for the Audubon Zoo which is an amazing zoo.

http://brno.neofillstore.com/intro/brno/index.php?index_type=promo-detail&pid=16722

Neofill charges for mailing the coupons though. :(

Audubon website - http://www.auduboninstitute.org

I used Groupon and was happy with the results.

Saved on some food and drink.

The walking tours look interesting but consider the time of year you are going to be there as it is hard to do in the heat of summer.

I really enjoyed visiting Mardi Gras World. So check that out as well.

Living Social has a good deal today for 1/2 off a 2 hour segway tour in New Orleans. I've never done it but it sounds like fun.

http://livingsocial.com/deals/41158-two-hour-segway-tour

If you're interested in bugs, there is another site with 1/2 off for the Audubon Insectarium. I was so not looking forward to going there with my nephew but I actually enjoyed it. http://brno.neofillstore.com/intro/brno/index.php?index_type=promo-detail&pid=16787

They also have 1/2 off for the Audubon Zoo which is an amazing zoo.

http://brno.neofillstore.com/intro/brno/index.php?index_type=promo-detail&pid=16722

Neofill charges for mailing the coupons though. :(

Audubon website - http://www.auduboninstitute.org

Thanks... I signed up for Living social too. I would love to do the segway tour but I think the price is a little rich for our blood. It seems like a great deal but we are sadly on a pretty tight budget this vacation ( we still need to afford our winter cruise).

I would like to do the Zoo's I love zoo's but we have very little time in NOLA pre-cruise. I do want to do the WWII museum and are looking for deals on that. I'm afraid our 1.5 days in NOLA are going to go way to fast!

Thanks... I signed up for Living social too. I would love to do the segway tour but I think the price is a little rich for our blood. It seems like a great deal but we are sadly on a pretty tight budget this vacation ( we still need to afford our winter cruise).

I would like to do the Zoo's I love zoo's but we have very little time in NOLA pre-cruise. I do want to do the WWII museum and are looking for deals on that. I'm afraid our 1.5 days in NOLA are going to go way to fast!

Definitely not enought time in New Orleans! Are you looking for your cruise on 10/17/11? If so, the weekend before your cruise will be the Crescent City Blues & BBQ festival. Free music! http://www.jazzandheritage.org/blues-fest

There is a 2-for-1 WWII museum coupon in the Entertainment coupon book but it's not worth buying the book if you'll only be in town 1 1/2 days.

I did see there is the festival in town the weekend before we cruise (10/17). I know getting in on Sat and sailing on Mon is not enough time at all but it's all the time we had :(. It will be nice to get a small taste of NOLA and maybe I can talk the hubby into going back!

• 7 months later...
Dont you have to redeem the coupon and use it the day its posted?

I tried once to use groupon and it was such a pain, after driving at least 10 miles each way to get a deal on ice cream I never got. Had to have the prepayment printed out and take it to the place in person, yadda yadda yadda.

they make it too hard to use to me.

No they don't. I've bought several groupon deals and they're virtually like cash. I've bought restaurant deals and several things obtained through mail order. The mail-order stuff is more complicated, but the ones you redeem in a store is, as I said, like cash.

Yeah, you have to print out the voucher or, I've never tried this, you can sometimes put the voucher onto a smart phone and they scan it.

Archived