tour guide for Belize

jegk1

We are well-seasoned travelers not interested in the ruins, Baboon Sanctuary, swimming, or any adventure tours. Our interest lies in just simply sightseeing with a guide who can enlighten us about Belize. Does anyone have any suggestions as to whom we can contact? Any help will be really appreciated! :)

We booked with BEA last monthon our Valor Cruise, Private tour for 4 to Xunantunich, Had the greatest of times, Tour guide was Great ...I highly recommend them while in Belize for your Adventure tours...Nickoli Took care of us no Problems, Herbie the Guide was incredible, Talked the whole time about the Mayan ruins, and Belize also... Will use them the next time in Belize...

I booked a city/countryside tour with Nacho & Cynthia for our Legend cruise in October. NCQ seems comparable to Victor Bodden and all the reviews on the Board are pretty positive...Just don't be surprised to get a phone call from Belize!!

wendygrace...my Mom is walker-dependent, so we're limited in what we can do, and they are very accomodating. I'm sure they'll be able to help you.

http://www.ncqadventuretours.com/tours

I booked a city/countryside tour with Nacho & Cynthia for our Legend cruise in October. NCQ seems comparable to Victor Bodden and all the reviews on the Board are pretty positive...Just don't be surprised to get a phone call from Belize!!

wendygrace...my Mom is walker-dependent' date=' so we're limited in what we can do, and they are [i']very [/i]accomodating. I'm sure they'll be able to help you.

Thank you for the tip, I will send them an email. Do you remember what they are charging you?

wendygrace...my Mom is walker-dependent' date=' so we're limited in what we can do, and they are [i']very [/i]accomodating. I'm sure they'll be able to help you.

Thanks! Would you come back and give us a review when you get back. We go at the end of November so that would give me some time to make up my mind.

You may also want to contact Vitalino Reyes at cavetubing.bz. He does more than cavetubing and may be able to help you customize a tour at a reasonable price. My family will be splitting up to do 2 separate tours with his company in August - one to the ruins and the other cavetubing.

We are well-seasoned travelers not interested in the ruins, Baboon Sanctuary, swimming, or any adventure tours. Our interest lies in just simply sightseeing with a guide who can enlighten us about Belize. Does anyone have any suggestions as to whom we can contact? Any help will be really appreciated! :)

Nacho and Cynthia at NCQ Advenutres. Very knowledgeable of Belize, its history, its cultures, it economy, and he has a ton of riddles to make you think. just Google them for contact info.

Just booked this, thank you for the tip. We decided to add a little bit to the day so it is going to be $75 pp.

Just booked this, thank you for the tip. We decided to add a little bit to the day so it is going to be $75 pp.

Go to your Roll Call and invite others and nacho will lower the tariff to probably $65. Then, if you enjoy the tour, give him the full $75pp when you pay at the end.

Go to your Roll Call and invite others and nacho will lower the tariff to probably $65. Then, if you enjoy the tour, give him the full $75pp when you pay at the end.

Will do, thanks for ANOTHER tip. :)

Will do, thanks for ANOTHER tip. :)

Mike, I keep missing Pancho when he calls. Can you answer some questions for me?

Do you have to pay upfront or when you get there? And what is there policy if the ship changes port day or doesn't get into port at all? Do you know? Thanks!

Mike, I keep missing Pancho when he calls. Can you answer some questions for me?

Do you have to pay upfront or when you get there? And what is there policy if the ship changes port day or doesn't get into port at all? Do you know? Thanks!

Wendy,

You pay Nacho at the end of your excursion. You are not out any money in advance.

If the ship changes port days, it will do so enough in advance that you can let Nacho know the change. Ships don't willy-nilly change port days, it takes weeks to get the port clearances revised. If the ship misses the port for some reason, like inclimate weather, Nacho will know/hear about it. If you miss the ship at embarkation in the US you should let him know. He on th eother hand will wait for you to get off a tender, but he and others touring with him that day do expect you to make every effort to get off the ship as early as possible.

Wendy,

You pay Nacho at the end of your excursion. You are not out any money in advance.

If the ship changes port days, it will do so enough in advance that you can let Nacho know the change. Ships don't willy-nilly change port days, it takes weeks to get the port clearances revised. If the ship misses the port for some reason, like inclimate weather, Nacho will know/hear about it. If you miss the ship at embarkation in the US you should let him know. He on th eother hand will wait for you to get off a tender, but he and others touring with him that day do expect you to make every effort to get off the ship as early as possible.

That is funny, he asked me for the money when we meet at the port. :)

That is funny, he asked me for the money when we meet at the port. :)

Maybe if he said that in his email or phone calls, I forgot. Or he forgot to collect since there were 11 of us in 4 different parties. But he didn't collect until we finished cave-tubing and were in the van heading back.

We are thinking of going on a Zip Line tour either in Belize or Roatan. Has anyone been on either of these tours? How was it? Just trying to figure out where to do it.

Lizzy, Roatan has some great zip lines to choose from. If you're on a Carnival or Princess ship, Clip N Zip is rigth next to Mahogany BAy were you dock and it's a great zip. No reservations needed. South Shore Canopy is another good long zip, and I think you need ot book in advance through Island Marketing. Pirates of the Caribbean Zip has several different courses including an extreme height zip. All of these places have websites. Victor Bodden has a zip line for his tours as well.

I believe th ezip line in Belize is close to the cave-tubing site. But I'm not familiar with how good it is.

Maybe if he said that in his email or phone calls, I forgot. Or he forgot to collect since there were 11 of us in 4 different parties. But he didn't collect until we finished cave-tubing and were in the van heading back.

I emailed him and he called me back in five minutes, he said "no I only collect the money AFTER the tour, my mistake in the email".

Sure seems like a nice guy.

My friends and I took a tour with Nacho last November. He does have lots of trivia and information. He and I had a very heated discussion after lunch. Jokes at lunch were not appropriate. He saw nothing wrong with telling jokes about raping women. Even used me as the "subject" in the joke. He did say he was sorry when we left. Not to discourage anyone, but just a heads up.

Archived