Nicest Beach hotel in Ft Lauderdale

steveandjen

Just one point of order...

The beaches are public so no one can charge for access.

True, but there are places in Fort Lauderdale that you can't get to the beach without trespassing or you can't get through at all due to condos. For example, Galt Ocean Mile is like this, so you have to access the beach south of or north of the Galt. If you stay at a hotel at or on the beach this is not a problem.

I realize access to the beaches would be free - just wasn't sure if we'd have to pay for the lounge chairs. Lago Mar tells me they don't charge guests for use of the lounge chairs on the beach, just the cabanas. Another reason to stay there!

I realize access to the beaches would be free - just wasn't sure if we'd have to pay for the lounge chairs. Lago Mar tells me they don't charge guests for use of the lounge chairs on the beach, just the cabanas. Another reason to stay there!

Now that is something I didnt know. Thank you! And there is a little pagoda with someone handing out warmed towels to those leaving the beach. Just a perfect place, for me, anyway!

Last time we had lunch and breakfast there, and left the property for dinner. Wont do that next time, I would rather stay on property for dinner.

Karen

• 3 weeks later...

Archived