Meet & Mingle ?'s

tggs726

Does NCL require a certain number of guests to set up a Meet & Mingle?

Also, i know all ships dont have the same ammenities available for the Meet & Mingles, but does anyone have experience with setting up an open bar and snacks for the Meet & Mingle?

Thanks

-Matt

Does NCL require a certain number of guests to set up a Meet & Mingle?

Also, i know all ships dont have the same ammenities available for the Meet & Mingles, but does anyone have experience with setting up an open bar and snacks for the Meet & Mingle?

Thanks

-Matt

Hi Matt,

NCL prefers 20 or more for a Meet and Mingle but that number is not official, so it doesn't hurt to email them and give them your number and see what they will do.

Typically NCL will set out coffee and a few snacks....danish/poundcake and send down some of the top officers to introduce themselves.

Having and open bar will definitely cost you some $$$ for each person attending......even if they aren't drinking.

Hi Matt,

NCL prefers 20 or more for a Meet and Mingle but that number is not official, so it doesn't hurt to email them and give them your number and see what they will do.

Typically NCL will set out coffee and a few snacks....danish/poundcake and send down some of the top officers to introduce themselves.

Having and open bar will definitely cost you some $$$ for each person attending......even if they aren't drinking.

Yea i knew it would cost so much per person, i was hoping someone out there had done it before and could provide what their costs was.

Thanks for the info.

-Matt

Just a thought, instead of an open bar, how about a few bottle of champagne or sparking wine to make mimosas. Many people will drink a mimosa in the morning, and the expense would be kept to a minimum, since NCL provides the OJ. If you got some cheap at home and brought them aboard (@$15), it wouldn't be that big of an out of pocket expense.

I had some champagne at an Omni Hotel that I just loved, spent 3 weeks tracking it down so that I could order a case from our favorite liquor purveyor for the holidays (that's my story and I'm sticking to it) and was I shocked when I learned that by the case it came to $2.56 per bottle. End of the the story, our guests loved it and drank it all (none left for me).

So it could be done inexpensively if you were doing it out of pocket or ask CC members to chip in a couple of dollars each. Just a thought

Matt, our M&G was at 10:00 a.m. On the first sea day. Maybe people would want to drink that early, maybe not.

Same thought here. They pick the time it's usually in the AM on first sea day.

I like the idea of the Mimosas Auntierobin had.

You can also see if anyone from your group would like to so the martini or margarita tasting together. This way, those who drink can and those who don't won't have to shell out any extra $$.

Just a thought, instead of an open bar, how about a few bottle of champagne or sparking wine to make mimosas. Many people will drink a mimosa in the morning, and the expense would be kept to a minimum, since NCL provides the OJ. If you got some cheap at home and brought them aboard (@$15), it wouldn't be that big of an out of pocket expense.

I had some champagne at an Omni Hotel that I just loved, spent 3 weeks tracking it down so that I could order a case from our favorite liquor purveyor for the holidays (that's my story and I'm sticking to it) and was I shocked when I learned that by the case it came to $2.56 per bottle. End of the the story, our guests loved it and drank it all (none left for me).

So it could be done inexpensively if you were doing it out of pocket or ask CC members to chip in a couple of dollars each. Just a thought

$2.56 a bottle? Can you tell me the name and where you got it?

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. As of right now i'm not even sure we'll have enough people to do an official meet & mingle as we only have 8 people. So far everyone who is interested in doing the M&M is interested in paying for an open bar, but like you all said we'll have to wait and see the time slot they give us because no one will want an open bar at 10am.

How early have you all contacted NCL about setting one up? I beleive the sticky mentions 2-3 weeks before sailing date. Is that accurate?

Thanks,

Matt

ILOVEOSU

Let me try this again, I would love to tell you the name and distributor, but we are on our way to NYC to catch our cruise for Saturday. If you can wait until 6/27 I will let you know as soon as we walk in the door.

P.S. Everyone in my family (grandparents, uncles, aunts, mother, father, brother, me) graduated from UM, my grandmother was one of the first women to graduate from there. But, I won't hold the OSU against you.

It is Ohio State isn't it?

How early have you all contacted NCL about setting one up? I beleive the sticky mentions 2-3 weeks before sailing date. Is that accurate?

Thanks,

Matt

last December when i set up the M&G for the SUN i contacted NCL about a month or so from sailing and then 2 weeks before to finalize things.

altho recently on some Roll Calls i have noticed that NCL has given out M&G details (Place Date & Time) as far out as 5 months or so.

i will be setting up the M&G for my B2Bs in December and contacting NCL

about a month or so before sailing.

Matt

If you don't have enough for a sanctioned M&G, why not just tell your group to meet at a lounge at a certain time. You mentioned doing it later in the day, so it might work out better for you and then everyone would have to buy their own drinks. If you were on the SUN I would suggest the Observation Lounge on deck 12, it is bright and the bar there is nice and it is large enough for you to get a corner to meet in a bit more privately.

Archived