Is HAL Next to Change Smoking Policy. Princess Did!

geocruiser

I feel for those of you who are shopping other lines and those with deep HAL loyalties who have had a shock in the last couple of days. We felt we had to shop a couple of years ago, and we didn't want to, but it did open our eyes to a line we wouldn't have tried otherwise.

IMHO I am grateful that at least the rooms will be smoke free, and there will be no more smoking alley's to walk through. Wish the balconies for spa cabins could at least be smoke free. Otherwise, why call them spa cabins?

I haven't read this point yet, for those of you who are weighing the options, many of the Crows Nest areas of ships on HAL are smoke free. I love this location and the feel of ocean from there. Celebrity has a larger, I believe bar with a similar feel. It is stunning and smoking is allowed, making it not usable for me. The Solstice class ship I was on had many smoking areas outside too. It was impossible to walk the track and not breath smoke, and that is true on HAL as well.

The HAL board has always seemed the most cohesive and willing to help out a new comer, hopefully the spirit of that will continue, even if some of the folks leave and new ones arrive.

LOL! Just recieved an email from Carnival soliciting past Princess passengers' business promising "Exclusive benefits for Princess Cruises guests." This is the first email I have ever received from Carnival. Coincidence? I think not ;)

:D :D I just got the same e-mail.

"As a past guests of Princess," blah blah blah......... :)

I have a friend who hasn't cruised yet - hers said:

"As a past guest of , you are eligible for exclusive benefits ... "

Note the blank after "guest of ,"

I have a friend who hasn't cruised yet - hers said:

"As a past guest of , you are eligible for exclusive benefits ... "

Note the blank after "guest of ,"

And here I thought they really valued our past cruising experience with them. :eek: :D

hal's already on very thin ice with me. If they follow suit - i'm gone. I just called both carnival and princess to have myself removed from their mailing lists. I told them why. I suggest other smokers do the same.

I've been almost everywhere ships go - certain all of the world's major ports. This is really no big deal. I'll fly where i want to go.[/quote

:p:p

Yes I am one of THEM, an X-cigarette smoker (I still very occaisionally enjoy a cigar)! But, I am also a libertarian in this regard and see that everyone has rights, not just non-smokers. The way I see it, about the same number of people who smoke these days, about 20% of the general population (if you don't count dope smokers, cause then it goes way up) is equal to the number of whiners. Difference is, the whiners are winning the day cause, as they say, squeaky wheel gets the grease!

All the above being said, if I were still a cigarette smoker I would probably vote with my pocket book and just not cruise non-smoking or lines with overly restrictive policies.

As for the whiners, I think they should just stay home cause if they aren't whining about smelling smoke, they will just find something else to whine about!

There really isn't much point to this thread, is there? The cruise lines have made their decision and its not going to be changed or influenced by what either side writes on here. It has just led to a lot of bad feeling. We should address our concerns directly to HAL and not yell at each other.

There really isn't much point to this thread, is there? The cruise lines have made their decision and its not going to be changed or influenced by what either side writes on here. It has just led to a lot of bad feeling. We should address our concerns directly to HAL and not yell at each other.

Earlier I promised/swore I would never post on a smoking thread again.

I am breaking that promise/avowal only for one reason and for STARTWIN alone!!

I wish to PUBLICLY apologize to her for mistaking her as someone else in a prior post. I accused her of something, she knows of what I speak, and is TOTALLY INNOCENT!!

I appreciate the Hosts/Walt stepping in and removing the post and ask forgiveness from startwin for my assumption that she was someone else.

She and I have communicated via email and while that might be a simple enough thing to let it go there, it is not for me as I publicly accused her of something on these boards and I need to publicly apologize!!

Joanie

Thank you. That took guts.

Did not take guts:) I was wrong in my assumptions and accusations publicly on this board, and therefore I have to admit that I was wrong publicly as well:)

It is only fair that I clear your name just as publicly!!! I am just so thankful that you and I could clear it up and start afresh:) :)

Joanie

Archived