Still no news about Charleston and the Fantasy?

scchasgal

We might have to wait a little longer for the Charleston itineraries because the current "situation" in Charleston.

I think today the news that this bunch of quacks that was trying to get Charleston on a list of endangered historical cities tbat didn't happen.

The other lawsuit against Carnival will never fly, frivilous at best.

Plus I thought John Heald said today was news for Charleston on his blog??

Another week to wait, I want to use these FCC's next year and not have to drive :D

They were talking about Charleston being put on the the list on Live 5 news tonight but don't think any decision was made.

The decision was made at Charleston is not on the endangered list. Sounds like we are animals here or something.

I saw a mention by John Heald on his Facebook page today that they can't comment on Charleston because it's now a legal issue.

No, John said HE can't comment on a question about the suit affecting the announcement because it is a legal issue.

So, looks like we should know more next week, but at least thing sounds promising...

for those whio are concerned about Charleston in 2012 let me say this. The week of June 27th will bring news and for those worried that we may be leaving.........let me say you wont need a box of tissues

and

so thats the news, or as much as I can give you without actually getting fired that is. But tissues are needed when you cry and there will be no crying. Please dont ask me anymore because I will have to say I dont know , when I do and I dont want to lie to you. So, week of June 27th then.

Where did you hear that ?

From someone I know who is an employee with an affiliated company that provides services to the ships. The buzz is that it is going to a sister line and a different port. Could be true, could be somebody wanting to sound like they know more than they do. I don't know them well enough to know for sure which it is. He seemed pretty certain though.

Really hoping Carnival stays in Charleston..it's a great port and close to us...would be tickled to death if we got a different ship..have been on the Fantasy over the years four times...but will not complain as long as we have a ship there:D

Really hoping Carnival stays in Charleston..it's a great port and close to us...would be tickled to death if we got a different ship..have been on the Fantasy over the years four times...but will not complain as long as we have a ship there:D

I totally agree with you. I hope they bring a new ship into that port. I loved the fantasy but I'm ready for something new without a flight or long drive. I hope they expand the ports to something other than the Bahamas as well. I really dont want to go to Freeport again.

Archived