US Direct not avail this year

Suzque49

I have read some posts about the US Direct program and that it may or may not be available.

I emailed and asked for sure if it is being offered

Here is the copy of the emails

I have heard that the US Direct program may not be available this year. is that true, or is it just for a few cruise lines and airlines?

We are flying in on Alaska Airlines and sailing with Princess in September.

Thank you for the information

Susan

Hello Susan,

Thank you for your email.

Yes, you are correct, the US Direct Program is not being offered this year.

Sincerely,

GetInline.aspx?messageid=ab420d5c-9766-11e0-90cc-00215ad7bb3e&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&imgsrc=cid%3aimage001.gif%4001CC2B38.8A1A15B0&hm__login=suzque49&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.42.134.8&d=d2059&mf=0&hm__ts=Wed%2c%2015%20Jun%202011%2020%3a24%3a00%20GMT&st=suzque49&hm__ha=01_9567039838a505a87b79fe4482a8eaa863f93354d46ad5abb6933e975b13d5d3&oneredir=1

• 2 weeks later...

We found out the “hard” way in May, following the instructions on the Vancouver airport web site and doing everything required to qualify for the service, then learning that “there is no US direct” when we arrived Vancouver. It was not until we returned that I saw some discussion about it here. Thanks for posting your confirmation; hopefully others will not make the same mistake that we made.

while it may not help everyone; if you live in a border town or travel frequently you can apply for a nexus card. Its $50 for 5 yrs and lets you bypass immigration at the airport. They have their own line and you avoid long waits when re entering the USA. Its worth looking into as it works when you drive or fly.

while it may not help everyone; if you live in a border town or travel frequently you can apply for a nexus card. Its $50 for 5 yrs and lets you bypass immigration at the airport. They have their own line and you avoid long waits when re entering the USA. Its worth looking into as it works when you drive or fly.

Nexus does not let you 'bypass immigration', it merely places you into an express lane (either at the airport, or land borders).

However, I have waited well in excess of 30 minutes to enter the united states in an Nexus express lane, so it's not a solution to everything; and often at ports of entries there is no global entry/nexus express line; or they close earlier than the main crossing.

Archived