Freedom Cabin 7340?

We had 6638 on Indy, and while it was my first cruise, so have nothing to compare it to, we loved it! Great views from the hump, and so convenient for the stairs/lifts, without any noise... we walked down the corridor a couple of times, as it was easier than battling along the Promenade after a parade, and we were very glad to be close to the stairs!

Great choice of cabin...:)

Wife and I are sailing on Freedom in December. I noticed cabin 7340 opened up today and changed cabins from 7566. Is this a good cabin? Bigger? Better view? Anyone stayed in it or have photos?

Thanks!

Identical cabin.

Better location. Much better view.

Switch.

Wife and I are sailing on Freedom in December. I noticed cabin 7340 opened up today and changed cabins from 7566. Is this a good cabin? Bigger? Better view? Anyone stayed in it or have photos?

Thanks!

YES! We stayed in 7340 on the Freedom last year! Ironically, we stayed in 7340 on the Liberty the year before. :o Have never seen our old cabin number asked about on these boards before in order to give me a chance to talk about it! :D

It's a great cabin, as we have always been fans of center-hump. Best views there are, IMO. You'll see up and down the full length of ship, and you'll get to watch all the boarding action at port directly below you. (And tendering if your week is going to Coco Cay.) The room is right around the corner, just steps from the elevators and stairs, and no, you won't hear any noise from that. You'll be very convenient to everything, and being midship both lengthwise and deck level, there's no swaying movement. (not that there's any movement anyway.)

Sizewise, it's identical to all cabins in its category; as is the balcony - because the hump is made by pushing the whole room and balcony out a bit, which you will see by the curvature of the hallway, rather than making the hump by expanding the balcony out farther from the rooms. IMO, staying where the hallway curves and creates a little dimension among the doors is a neat little nook, rather than being one of many doors in a long, flat hallway. And yes, the balcony is big enough for a lounge chair. I just asked the room steward, and later the first afternoon - lounger appeared! I had it on one side of the balcony, and there was still plenty of room for the two sitting chairs and small table provided.

There is some great artwork right outside the door that you'll enjoy during your comings and goings. Don't miss the little guy that you have to hand-crank! Took me almost all week to notice that there was a handle on the art. LOL.

The only thing you might notice, unless they have fixed it since last year, is the balcony divider between 7340 and 7338 rattled relentlessly. So here's a tip: stuff a washcloth between the panels of the divider and voila - no more rattle.

Enjoy your trip, and take care of our room, eh, I mean your room this time. And yes, I've got plenty of pictures, I'm just not proficient at loading them up here on these boards. Besides, they look like any other room's pictures.

YES! We stayed in 7340 on the Freedom last year! Ironically, we stayed in 7340 on the Liberty the year before. :o Have never seen our old cabin number asked about on these boards before in order to give me a chance to talk about it! :D

It's a great cabin, as we have always been fans of center-hump. Best views there are, IMO. You'll see up and down the full length of ship, and you'll get to watch all the boarding action at port directly below you. (And tendering if your week is going to Coco Cay.) The room is right around the corner, just steps from the elevators and stairs, and no, you won't hear any noise from that. You'll be very convenient to everything, and being midship both lengthwise and deck level, there's no swaying movement. (not that there's any movement anyway.)

Sizewise, it's identical to all cabins in its category; as is the balcony - because the hump is made by pushing the whole room and balcony out a bit, which you will see by the curvature of the hallway, rather than making the hump by expanding the balcony out farther from the rooms. IMO, staying where the hallway curves and creates a little dimension among the doors is a neat little nook, rather than being one of many doors in a long, flat hallway. And yes, the balcony is big enough for a lounge chair. I just asked the room steward, and later the first afternoon - lounger appeared! I had it on one side of the balcony, and there was still plenty of room for the two sitting chairs and small table provided.

There is some great artwork right outside the door that you'll enjoy during your comings and goings. Don't miss the little guy that you have to hand-crank! Took me almost all week to notice that there was a handle on the art. LOL.

The only thing you might notice, unless they have fixed it since last year, is the balcony divider between 7340 and 7338 rattled relentlessly. So here's a tip: stuff a washcloth between the panels of the divider and voila - no more rattle.

Enjoy your trip, and take care of our room, eh, I mean your room this time. And yes, I've got plenty of pictures, I'm just not proficient at loading them up here on these boards. Besides, they look like any other room's pictures.

Thanks for all the info and tips! I cannot believe that I was able to get this cabin. We will take good care of your room!

Archived