Booking on ship

There are basically 2 options.

1 - Book on board for a specific date and ship.

2 - Put a deposit down on a future cruise, but don't select the date or ship. (NextCruise)

Both have the same deposit ($100 per person). Both give you the same on board credit, which varies depending on length of the cruise.

The difference is that option 1 is refundable...option 2 is not. AND Option 2 gives you the on board credit for up to 2 other cabins (3 total). If you looking for the best bargain, option 2/NextCruise is better because the on board credit is for up to 3 cabins. It's also the most flexible since you don't need to decide on a specific date or ship until you're ready to book.

If you're not sure you will actually take a cruise, and want the ability to get your deposit refunded, then you can pick option 1....but if you know you will go on another cruise at some point, then option 2 is better.

Only if you book a JS cabin or lower. If you book a GS or above a full deposit will be required and that deposit will be doubled.

With Option #1 the deposit will be doubled at the time of booking.

With Option #2 the deposit will be $100pp when created but will be doubled at the time the Decide Later booking is converted.

HI

just a general question for anyone who may know...I just booked our second cruise (last one was over 15 years ago)...can someone tell me, do they normally mail out coupons right before you sail,or right after you book... or does that just vary??

HI

just a general question for anyone who may know...I just booked our second cruise (last one was over 15 years ago)...can someone tell me, do they normally mail out coupons right before you sail,or right after you book... or does that just vary??

They don't mail out the Savings Certificates but you can find them on the RCI website after you have signed into the C&A section and then Special Offers. They are updated quarterly. Not all itineraries will have a Savings Certificate issued.

If you go back to post #14, there is a listing of the current Certificates available. There are sailing dates for next spring that have Certificates available.

They don't mail out coupons but you can find them on the RCI website after you have signed into the C&A section. They are updated quarterly. If you go back to post #14, there is a listing of the current coupons available.

Thanks for the info. I was reading another thread where there was a great debate over using "coupons" if you were not a diamond member etc....and from what I read they have 2for1 drinks...or dinner etc..those were the coupons I was referring to. Do they no longer mail out these coupons...or are they just for diamond or platinum members??

thanks again :)

Thanks for the info. I was reading another thread where there was a great debate over using "coupons" if you were not a diamond member etc....and from what I read they have 2for1 drinks...or dinner etc..those were the coupons I was referring to. Do they no longer mail out these coupons...or are they just for diamond or platinum members??

Oh, you must be referring to the Ultimate Value Coupon Book that you will find in your cabin on Day 1. Here is the link to the Current C&A On-Board Ultimate Value Coupons for C&A Members

Oh, you must be referring to the Ultimate Value Coupon Book that you will find in your cabin on Day 1. Here is the link to the Current C&A On-Board Ultimate Value Coupons for C&A Members

Thanks so much...that was what I was talking about (sorry its been too many years since I have been on a ship). I thought they mailed them out...LOL...glad to know I can find them in the room. Maybe I will be lucky and find the last guests' book in my room as well. LOL (doubtful)

no they do not mail out coupon books you fill find them in your cabin when you board, different books for each level in c&a membership

• 4 weeks later...
But since this is their first cruise, they won't be eligible for that for a while. ;) But if a coupon pops up for their cruise later, they can apply that along with the onboard OBC. :D

I booked onboard, got the onboard credit - but now a coupon is available for our sailing and my agent is saying I can't get the coupon discount if I already have my "Diamond" balcony discount. Has anyone ever gotten BOTH discounts????

I booked onboard, got the onboard credit - but now a coupon is available for our sailing and my agent is saying I can't get the coupon discount if I already have my "Diamond" balcony discount. Has anyone ever gotten BOTH discounts????

Not since before Dec 31, 2009. Since that date, combinations of balcony discount and C&A coupon have not been allowed.

Archived