Booking on ship

What kind of deal does RCCL give for making bookings on ship for my next cruise? I am planning on booking a summer vacation with my sons for next year when I go on our Alaskan cruise in August and being this is our first I am wondering what kind of incentives they give for booking again. :rolleyes:

What kind of deal does RCCL give for making bookings on ship for my next cruise? I am planning on booking a summer vacation with my sons for next year when I go on our Alaskan cruise in August and being this is our first I am wondering what kind of incentives they give for booking again. :rolleyes:

Since this will be your first cruise on RCI, you will want to join the Crown & Anchor Society (RCI's loyalty program) on your upcoming cruise. Once a member when booking your next cruise on board you will get an on board credit and reduced deposit of $100pp for booking on board (no further money will be due until final payment) unless you book a GS cabin or higher, then a full deposit which will be doubled will be required.

You can either book a Decide Now (you know what itinerary you want to book) or a Decide Later (don't know which cruise, but will decide when I get home).

The Decide Later booking has a non-refundable deposit of $100pp but is good forever.

I was considering booking ahead as well, but all you get is an on board credit and reduced deposit? I was hoping for a significant upgrade.

Thanks.

There are currently no upgrades being given for booking on board.

If you are eligible for a balcony discount, then another benefit of booking on board is the ability to combine the balcony discount with the on board credit for booking on board.

There are currently no upgrades being given for booking on board.

If you are eligible for a balcony discount, then another benefit of booking on board is the ability to combine the balcony discount with the on board credit for booking on board.

But since this is their first cruise, they won't be eligible for that for a while. ;) But if a coupon pops up for their cruise later, they can apply that along with the onboard OBC. :D

I am definatly going to get a booking while on ship so that I can get onboard credit for us, I think I am going to put $400 down for the family and that would give us OBC for the cruise. I know we want to cruise the caribbean but not sure where yet so I guess that would be a deside later. Am I correct that I can then go back and book through our TA and still use this credit right? She is so good at handling everything for us so I do not have to do anything but be there.

I want a balcany room for the second trip but we may end up with 5 for the cruise so what would be the best way to handle that? Go for 1 balcany and one interior? I can't justify 2 balcanies side by side unless they were at discount price and since we would be going during summer most likely that would be a no. Is there balcany suites that are larger to accomidate 5 who will only be there to sleep and dress for the most part.

But since this is their first cruise, they won't be eligible for that for a while. ;) But if a coupon pops up for their cruise later, they can apply that along with the onboard OBC. :D

Where would you find coupons for the cruise? On RCCL's website?

Good point! Forgot about the C&A coupon, which actually happens pretty often. Thanks.

Once you are on your cruise and join the Crown & Anchor Society (hereinafter called C&A), you will get a C&A number. With that number, you can access the Members Area. On that site (rccl.com, then click on the C&A tab), there will be a link to the coupons.

Do you save money by booking on the ship??? Or just receive the onboard credit?? Also, how much is the onboard credit usually for?? Thanks :)

You only receive the OBC and reduced deposit..the amt. of OBC depends on the length of the cruise you end up booking...

What kind of savings do the coupon usually have, 10% ??? or $$ off . Just curious because I want to be able to get the best possible deal for us for our money I want to spend.

Just be aware that not every sailing has a C&A coupon available...

How does one qualify for a balcony discount?

Here is the link to the C&A Member's Benefits Page that will tell you how many points it takes to reach each level with C&A and what each level will get you as you climb the ladder http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

You must be a C&A Member to be eligible for these savings. If you have cruised with RCI and have not yet registered, you can do it on line. If you haven't cruised with RCI, but plan on doing so, you can sign up for C&A while on board.

Here is a link that will tell you can expect in the Ultimate Value Coupon books that you will receive in your cabin by each level with C&A.

Current C&A On-Board Ultimate Value Coupons for C&A Members

Once you reach Platinum level you will be eligible for balcony discounts.

Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011

What kind of savings do the coupon usually have, 10% ??? or $$ off . Just curious because I want to be able to get the best possible deal for us for our money I want to spend.

Very few cruises have a coupon. You would be able to view the ones that are current when you are on board your first cruise after you sign up for C&A - the Royal Caribbean website is actually free to use while you are onboard. ;) But you would not know about a cruise booked farther out - a coupon may or may not come to exist later.

Hello, Thank you for posting about the Crown and Anchor coupons. I just saved $125.00 on my cruise on the Oasis October 1st. I forgot all about the coupons.:D

If it's a cruise of 6 to 9 nights, yes.

If it's longer, your deposit is $900 pp! :eek:

Shoot, wanted to do a Mediterranean cruise in 2013.

Was going to spend my deposit savings on the flight !

But $900 pp, you are right OUCH !

Thanks MM, you are the bestest!

:rolleyes:

There are basically 2 options.

1 - Book on board for a specific date and ship.

2 - Put a deposit down on a future cruise, but don't select the date or ship. (NextCruise)

Both have the same deposit ($100 per person). Both give you the same on board credit, which varies depending on length of the cruise.

The difference is that option 1 is refundable...option 2 is not. AND Option 2 gives you the on board credit for up to 2 other cabins (3 total). If you looking for the best bargain, option 2/NextCruise is better because the on board credit is for up to 3 cabins. It's also the most flexible since you don't need to decide on a specific date or ship until you're ready to book.

If you're not sure you will actually take a cruise, and want the ability to get your deposit refunded, then you can pick option 1....but if you know you will go on another cruise at some point, then option 2 is better.

Archived