Marina's laundrette

Jacques O

Hello,

Can anyone tell me about the laundrette on board the Marina.

Are they free of charge? or do you have to make them work with tokens or coins? what about washing powder?

Jacques O. About to sail in a month's time.

Hello,

Can anyone tell me about the laundrette on board the Marina.

Are they free of charge? or do you have to make them work with tokens or coins? what about washing powder?

Jacques O. About to sail in a month's time.

Hi Jacques,

There are laundrettes on each deck of the Marina that has passenger cabins. They are operated with tokens which you get from the Reception Desk and are charged to your on-board account. The laundry soap is dispensed on the machine by a button so it is included in the price of the token. If you want bleach or fabric softener sheets for the dryer, you must bring your own.

I am not sure what the price is for the tokens on the Marina since I haven't sailed on her yet but it is not very expensive.

Billie

Hi Jacques,

There are laundrettes on each deck of the Marina that has passenger cabins. They are operated with tokens which you get from the Reception Desk and are charged to your on-board account. The laundry soap is dispensed on the machine by a button so it is included in the price of the token. If you want bleach or fabric softener sheets for the dryer, you must bring your own.

I am not sure what the price is for the tokens on the Marina since I haven't sailed on her yet but it is not very expensive.

Billie

The machines operate on quarters. I think it was six quarters per machine load and six per dryer load. Billie is right, the soap is a liquid that is provided at no charge. The laudry rooms also have ironing boards and irons and a small table for folding.

The machines operate on quarters. I think it was six quarters per machine load and six per dryer load. Billie is right, the soap is a liquid that is provided at no charge. The laudry rooms also have ironing boards and irons and a small table for folding.

I hope they have not changed the R shipŝ to quarters from tokens too as it was a convenient system.

Operationally they just recycle the tokens from the machines to Reception not unlike what would happen with the quarters so it makes no difference to O but tokens are more convenient for those of us who do not pack $US when not on a US cruise. And for pax, unless they carry a pocketful of coin on a cruise they will have to visit Reception for change the same as to get tokens.

A ship board account card reader would be even better.

btw you *might* have to actually press an 'I want soap dispensed' button for the machine to dispense it at the right time. I may not be remembering correctly. (on Marina's maiden voyage it was dispensed into a large cup to be poured into the machine. I think because it had just not been fully connected yet)

In March they used quarters ($2.) for each machine

The reception people said they will probably switch to the token ...did not know when

The soap dispenser is on the wall you push the button fill the cup then pour into the dispenser on the machine

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2645545540101934561tAxBPQ

There is also 2 irons with ironing board no charge ;)

This may have already changed

Lyn

Archived