Free onboard credit of $75 per stateroom

Travel mad

I have read somewhere that we will get an onboard credit of $75 but cannot validate this? Last week on RCI, we had $100 per stateroom credit and only found out when checking out account halfway through the cruise. if we didnt find out we may have lost the perk - "use it or lose it".

Apparently its for all Vista class ships and Eurodam is "considered" a class above so I imagine we qualify but it will be good if someone can please clarify this.

I have read somewhere that we will get an onboard credit of $75 but cannot validate this? Last week on RCI, we had $100 per stateroom credit and only found out when checking out account halfway through the cruise. if we didnt find out we may have lost the perk - "use it or lose it".

Apparently its for all Vista class ships and Eurodam is "considered" a class above so I imagine we qualify but it will be good if someone can please clarify this.

Maybe your TA would be a good place to start? Or if you booked directly with HAL, surely they could tell you because I sure as **** don't know :cool:

Our invoice states the OBC per person. It appears under the pricing breakdown. Did you get an invoice from HAL or your TA?

IIRC it depends upon a combination of the length of the cruise and the category of stateroom that you booked.

One little bit of information that I did not know but was lucky to find out before our last cruise. We (husband and I) had $75 each of credit. They take it off automatically of your shipboard account but here is the catch. Whatever purchases you make onboard, wine, shop gifts, are on your shipboard account under your name(whatever key card you use) On previous cruises my husband ususally gives his key card (just easier for one of us to carry it) for all onboard purchases. This time I used mine to buy our onboard shop purchases and a bottle of wine one night to be sure I got my $75. Otherwise only one $75 would have been minused off the account. Just a word to the wise.....

One little bit of information that I did not know but was lucky to find out before our last cruise. We (husband and I) had $75 each of credit. They take it off automatically of your shipboard account but here is the catch. Whatever purchases you make onboard, wine, shop gifts, are on your shipboard account under your name(whatever key card you use) On previous cruises my husband ususally gives his key card (just easier for one of us to carry it) for all onboard purchases. This time I used mine to buy our onboard shop purchases and a bottle of wine one night to be sure I got my $75. Otherwise only one $75 would have been minused off the account. Just a word to the wise.....

Thanks for the advise. Much appreciated.

How could you "use it or lose it" when your $11/pp/day would use it up in a 7 day cruise? Just check your account after boarding if you aren't sure before arriving at the ship.

Of course, I should have thought about that first. Thanks!

Upon boarding you can go to the service desk and have both of your accounts combined. There was a thread about this a little while back.

Is this a credit that everyone gets? When we check in can we check for any credits given to us?

Sometimes the cruise is sold with an OBC. You can get OBC for booking a cruise or giving a $100 deposit per passenger to the Future Cruise Consultant on board a cruise. And you can also get OBC by owning Carnival Stock and sending in a statement of your current holdings to HAL before the cruise.

It is possible to get all three if your cruise is sold with an OBC as an incentive.

Archived