Bus to Poetto Beach in Cagliari?

kellyclayt

I will be in Cagliari on a Sunday in July and was planning on taking a bus to Poetto beach based on this trip advisor information:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187881-i1180-k3644678-Public_bus_from_Cruise_Terminal_to_Poetto_Beach-Cagliari_Sardinia.html

However, I just read a post by someone who said they were unable to find a place to buy tickets for this bus, so now I am concerned and thinking that maybe we should just take the private "SINA" tourist bus.

I would appreciate any information that anyone has to offer on this. Thanks.

Going to Cagliari in Sept, the research i have done as also want too go to Poetto Beach,they say get bus PF,PN,PQ ARST bus 3 min walk from port, tickets from inside Port Building get a day ticket they say cost E2.10 we will have a go hope this is any help.:o:)

Thanks. I had read tickets at the piazza matteoti or at a tobacconist. Maybe the tobacconist is inside the port? I'm thinking that if we can find where to get the tickets, the rest will work out.

Going to Cagliari in Sept, the research i have done as also want too go to Poetto Beach,they say get bus PF,PN,PQ ARST bus 3 min walk from port, tickets from inside Port Building get a day ticket they say cost E2.10 we will have a go hope this is any help.:o:)

My family did this a few years back on IOS. From what I remember we could not find anywhere to buy the tickets, but we paid the driver instead.The bus stance was a short walk from the port. Word of warning, we felt very uncomfortable at the beach, first, evertime we tried to put our towels down, we were told private only. Bars/restaurants fenced off areas, and charged to use the bit of beach. Eventually we found a bit of 'public' beach. The beach was all locals, and we stood out like a sore thumb,and to top it all 2 men tried to rob us, using the old trick of someone asks you something, whilst the other tries to steal your bag. We are well used to this and no harm done. Hope this hasn't put you off, but forewarned.....

We are off on saturday on VOS, our 4th RCCL cruise...

Actually a recent poster said that they tried to go a few weeks ago and couldn't find where to buy tickets. They said they were unable to pay the driver and gave up. Hmmm . . .

Oh, and have a great cruise!

My family did this a few years back on IOS. From what I remember we could not find anywhere to buy the tickets, but we paid the driver instead.The bus stance was a short walk from the port. Word of warning, we felt very uncomfortable at the beach, first, evertime we tried to put our towels down, we were told private only. Bars/restaurants fenced off areas, and charged to use the bit of beach. Eventually we found a bit of 'public' beach. The beach was all locals, and we stood out like a sore thumb,and to top it all 2 men tried to rob us, using the old trick of someone asks you something, whilst the other tries to steal your bag. We are well used to this and no harm done. Hope this hasn't put you off, but forewarned.....

We are off on saturday on VOS, our 4th RCCL cruise...

Actually a recent poster said that they tried to go a few weeks ago and couldn't find where to buy tickets. They said they were unable to pay the driver and gave up. Hmmm . . .

Oh, and have a great cruise!

We went to Cagliari last year, mid July and when we got off the ship there was a private coach taking people tp poetta. I think they were charging 10 eyro each forvthecreturn trip. We were not interested because we can go to the beach at home, we wanted to look around the town. I do remember thinking that if I had kids with me I might have been interested.

More expensive than the public bus but maybe a better use of time.

Yep, I've read about that bus and that definitely may be a possibility. I've now read a few posts saying that Poetto beach was not especially nice - of course others say it is wonderful!

We went to Cagliari last year, mid July and when we got off the ship there was a private coach taking people tp poetta. I think they were charging 10 eyro each forvthecreturn trip. We were not interested because we can go to the beach at home, we wanted to look around the town. I do remember thinking that if I had kids with me I might have been interested.

More expensive than the public bus but maybe a better use of time.

Thanks for the feedback!

We spent a week in Sardinia last year and I have to say that that beach was the worst beach we saw there. Depends how keen you are to swim, but we found other much nicer things to do in Cagliari.

Archived