Stupid Question re: Specialty Restaurants' Menus

PS90

Hi Guys,

I apologize in advance for the stupid question. Here goes:

Do the menu selections in the Specialty Restaurants change at all? As in, is the menu different nightly? Or different from cruise-to-cruise? Or is it usually always the same, except for occasional alterations and substitutions?

I could understand that it may remain the same, since the Specialty Restaurants are not usually attended consistently during a cruise. Land-based restaurants' menu don't change, after all. But, considering that the MDR's and Blu's menus change nightly, I figured that they may change nightly everywhere on the ship.

The reason I ask is I was perusing X's website and noticed they have a menu listed for each Specialty Restaurant under the "Dining" subsection. I am curious as to whether these are actual "real" menus that they use on-board, or if they are just a sample of a menu that is always rotating/changing.

Thanks a lot for any expert advise!

Hi Guys,

Do the menu selections in the Specialty Restaurants change at all? As in, is the menu different nightly? Or different from cruise-to-cruise? Or is it usually always the same, except for occasional alterations and substitutions?

I could understand that it may remain the same, since the Specialty Restaurants are not usually attended consistently during a cruise. Land-based restaurants' menu don't change, after all. But, considering that the MDR's and Blu's menus change nightly, I figured that they may change nightly everywhere on the ship.

The reason I ask is I was perusing X's website and noticed they have a menu listed for each Specialty Restaurant under the "Dining" subsection. I am curious as to whether these are actual "real" menus that they use on-board, or if they are just a sample of a menu that is always rotating/changing.

The menus are standard for all ships. There is a tweeking from time to time when they test new items. They do change menus as they did in the Tuscan Grille and Murano last December. When they change they usually introduce the changes from ship to ship over time. When I was on the Eclipse TA last December they were staring the changeover of the Tuscan Grille menu.

Hi Guys,

The menus are standard for all ships. There is a tweaking from time to time when they test new items. They do change menus as they did in the Tuscan Grille and Murano last December. When they change they usually introduce the changes from ship to ship over time. When I was on the Eclipse TA last December they were starting the changeover of the Tuscan Grille menu. They may also add or delete items based on itinerary, but these changes are restricted to a particular ship. You can always request a special item. I still order and receive the larger size fillet in Murano.

Okay. Thanks a lot, guys.

So I assume those sample menus on X's website are at least close to what they are actually currently serving in those Specialty Restaurants?

Thanks for the help, as always.

If you eat there a lot, they'll make you off menu stuff, but the menu will be the same.

Thanks, Susie. Interesting. Never asked them for anything off-menu before. Maybe I'll try it....

Ask them for lobster in champagne sauce. It's to die for. Then tip really, really big because it's worth it!!!

DSC03016.JPG

We try to go at least 4x a cruise so by the end of it we get special treatment. We really enjoy the Murano/Ocean Liners/Normandie etc restaurants.

If you eat there a lot, they'll make you off menu stuff, but the menu will be the same.

I was going to say this as well but SusieV beat me to it. A great time to ask for this is after your meal when they're asking you to please come back. It is also usually a leisurely point of time in the evening (as opposed to serving time when things are more hectic) and you can ask them what options they might have if you return and ask about special requests you might like them to make. They are pretty flexible if you give them a day or more advance notice, not so much if you don't ask until just before dinner.

Archived