New menu items for this summer

m steve

Venison! DH & DS are jumping up & down. I'm loving the pear crepes and chocolate cake with infused blueberry whipped cream. Yum! When are these new items supposed to go fleet-wide? It says summer. When this summer? Two guys will be most disappointed if the venison isn't on the menu.

sevenseasnomad

Venison! DH & DS are jumping up & down. I'm loving the pear crepes and chocolate cake with infused blueberry whipped cream. Yum! When are these new items supposed to go fleet-wide? It says summer. When this summer? Two guys will be most disappointed if the venison isn't on the menu

venison is pretty darn common in european supermarkets unlike here in the states. my guess is you are going to see it on the european cruises only. ordering only the venison and a stronger tasting fish dish like a well seasoned tuna for a very gamey tasting dinner and skipping everything else sounds great to me.

Not all that long ago, I remember eating venison on a HAL Caribbean cruise, so that isn't too new to me (and I am happy to see it back).

Still, many of the dishes sound like either derivatives of existing dishes (like the veal chop with mushroom cream sauce (although it used to be morels), and the mixed up flambe of pear Melba over crepes.

Other dished seem overly complex (just too many ingredients and contrasting flavor). I guess I am old fashioned, but I like the dishes that are simple.

Pear crepe was good

IMG_1573.jpg

The chocolate platter was not. One of the item was VERY hard. The servers said they almost broke their teeth when they tried them. I don't remember seeing the other entrees on the Zaandam last month.

Other dished seem overly complex (just too many ingredients and contrasting flavor). I guess I am old fashioned, but I like the dishes that are simple.

Like Bread Pudding, YUM !! ;)

Helen

Archived