We leave in TWO WEEKS! Please help me pack for the Dream

Aerial

Hello,

We will be taking our first Disney Cruise in two weeks on the Dream. I am so excited! My husband and I have cruised many times before on other lines, but this will be our first trip with the kids. I am planning my packing list, and I would love some advice for packing for my just under 3 year old daughter.

Do many little girls wear their princess costume dresses? If so, when do they wear them? Dinner? Shows?

Is there a Princess Tea party on the 5-day Dream trip? If so, what do the little girls typical wear?

Also, what do most kids wear for the formal dinner night?

I appreciate all advice!

Thanks so much!

We haven't gone on our cruise but I have a little one also so here are some things we always bring. Autograph book (or purchase), sharpies are great for signing (we use a different color everyday and that way we know what day the signature was), a small desk fan (also helps keep noise down for little ones sleeping), a night light for the bathroom, disposable wipes, potty seat?, we bring a container of DDs favourite cereal just to keep her happy til were ready for breakfast, life jacket (heard they're not supplied)

Hello,

We will be taking our first Disney Cruise in two weeks on the Dream. I am so excited! My husband and I have cruised many times before on other lines, but this will be our first trip with the kids. I am planning my packing list, and I would love some advice for packing for my just under 3 year old daughter.

Do many little girls wear their princess costume dresses? If so, when do they wear them? Dinner? Shows?

Is there a Princess Tea party on the 5-day Dream trip? If so, what do the little girls typical wear?

Also, what do most kids wear for the formal dinner night?

I appreciate all advice!

Thanks so much!

We saw some little girls in princess dresses mostly on formal night, but did occasionally see them other times. On Pirate night we probably saw more kids dressed up in costumes than any other time..

We just came off the Dream in May I can honestly say I saw more casual wear at dinner than I have on any other cruise I have been on.

Just pack clothes you would be comfortable in.....

What I've been told they are not supplied for swimming (only emergencies). Having a toddler you probably want to bring a life jacket

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1391479&highlight=life+jackets

Now that you've clarified, yes, they are for emergencies only.

Rather than a bulky to pack life jacket, inflatable swimmies are probably a better option.

Yes, bring the princess dresses. You see girls wearing them any time of the day. We always bring a case of water. Disney allows it and you will have a fridge. As mentioned above, bring the autograph books. Cotton sundresses for little girls and nice shorts with polos are fine for little boys. Disney has laundry facilities on board, so bring quarters and soap if you plan on using them.

Archived