valet luggage service..please help

can anyone tell me with certainty that valet luggage service is available on the freedom in sept? i called rci and have gotten different answers. we have a tight connection in orlando and would really benefit from this service.

What airline & what time is your flight? I believe your flight has to be after 11:30 to take advantage of the luggage valet..."IF" your airline is one that participates..and it's NOT an international flight...

can anyone tell me with certainty that valet luggage service is available on the freedom in sept? i called rci and have gotten different answers. we have a tight connection in orlando and would really benefit from this service.

From the RCI Website about Luggage Valet

Be advised that in order to participate in the Luggage Valet Service, your airline must be a participant and your flight must not be any earlier than 11:30AM in some ports, and later in others.

our flight is at 11:42 on usair and is not an international flight. are you saying that everyone can't take advantage of it if they are willing to pay?

Yes, not every airline participates...and as patti said there are time restrictions as well...AND it isn't available at all from San Juan...where it would REALLY come in handy...but you should be able to use it with US Air..check the link at one time they had a list of airlines...

can anyone tell me with certainty

:D:D ROTFLMAO !!!

Certainty ??? On Cruise Critic ???

You won´t even get an information with certainty and without any discussions to the question if the ship will be floating on water:rolleyes:;):p

You won´t even get an information with certainty and without any discussions to the question if the ship will be floating on water:rolleyes:;):p

Sometimes you stand a better chance of getting better information here than from RCI customer service reps.

You aren't serious are you?:(

our flight is at 11:42 on usair and is not an international flight. are you saying that everyone can't take advantage of it if they are willing to pay?

I can't say with certainty (hi guys!!:p ) but your flight is probably too early to take advantage of the luggage valet program. Port Canaveral is probably one of the ports with the later flight time requirement due to the distance from port to airport (generally the requirements fall in line with the earliest recommended flight time, in your case 12:30pm). I would not count on being able to take advantage of this service even if your airline participates.

I was banking on getting more accurate info here..rci reps don't seem to know much of anything..if you look at valet service on the rci site, it mentions several ships but not freedom so i guess we'll just have to wait and see....when we cruised out of san juan last sept, i was told the day before that there would be valet service when in fact they hadn't had it for months..another life mystery

We were on Freedom in May and they did offer the luggage program - I don't remember the airlines included, but I believe the cutoff time was noon.

I will also tell you that we had flights at 11:15,11:35 and noon, and we had no issues getting to the airport in plenty of time. With that said, we did the diamond disembark (which was around 7ish) and then were on the road in our rental car by about 8am, after stopping for coffee. We were all checked in and going thru security by about 930.

As long as the ship arrives and clears customs as normal, and you get off the ship as early as you can, you should be OK.

Good luck!!

Garren

We sailed on Freedom last month. We flew on US Air. We used the Valet Luggage program. To be eligible, our flight had to leave after 12 noon. We had a 12:55 flight and were good to go. Even using the RCCL shuttle bus, and having a leisurely dining room breakfast, we arrived at MCO in plenty of time.

Rick and Deirdra

FWIW

I previously posted on a similar thread about this & this may help someone & would like some new comments on it as well

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<

now, I talked to 3 different departments ( crown & anchor,air dept, and customer service) trying to get a definitive answer as to the certainty that you could only have a flight AFTER 10:30 am. I was told numerous times that the 10:30 time table was for those who had transfers from cruise terminal TO the airport. it had nothing to do with luggage valet. the 10:30 time was when they started taking guests to the airport ( which they said was 5 imutes away). **IF you took your own taxi, you are good to go***

hmmmmmm

soooo I told them, wait a minute I got this 1st hand from previous pax who were told onboard when they tried to sign up for the luggage valet, they could NOT get it if flight was before 10:30. the rccl rep told me,, hang on a 2nd while I check as there is NOTHING here to indicate that.

few moments later he tells me that the information on CRUISECRITIC is wrong. (I almost fell off my chair........as I never mentioned CC). I said huh. you guys read the cruise critic stuff? he said yes, they always have people monitoring it.

so he goes on to explain that the luggage for the valet stuff starts shipping to the airport after immigration says ok. has nothing to do with the 10:30 timeline that is ONLY for transfers.

Huh. well that was interesting. anyone with comments that the shipboard info is different? like maybe one of the forms that state all that ? ( would love to send that to rccl if they told me wrong)

***now today's thought--- they didn't actually tell me what time they could guarantee your luggage would be to the airport by. hmmm guess I need to call & ask them that. they might START after immigration..... ( should have got names)

Archived