Kids Sail Free...When's the next one?!

MissTraveler08

Is there any kind of rhyme or reason as to when Disney announces an upcoming Kids Sail Free promotion? Are they only done for certain times of the year? Are they always announced "X" months ahead of time? Or is it just, "whenever"?

Personally, I'm really hoping they'll do one for next April on the Magic. But I'm not counting on it.

Is there any kind of rhyme or reason as to when Disney announces an upcoming Kids Sail Free promotion? Are they only done for certain times of the year? Are they always announced "X" months ahead of time? Or is it just, "whenever"?

Personally, I'm really hoping they'll do one for next April on the Magic. But I'm not counting on it.

Pretty much, they do them when they have an extended period of low-selling cruises.

So, hard to tell when they will happen. Usually, I think, they are within the X months ahead time frame.

:)

I looked at the kids sail free for the Mexican Riviera as well. Does anyone else think they're still overpriced? For $3K+, our family of 3 can go on a nicer ship in the Caribbean. I've been looking at a cruise on the Fantasy for Nov. 2012 and it would be the same price as on the Wonder in Nov. 2011 with the kids sail free promo.

Considering they haven't had a problem selling the Dream or Fantasy it is highly unlikely. The prices for both have just gone beyond what is affordable. Our b2b at the end of August (which we booked last summer) will probably be the last DCL trip for couple of years.

Have to agree with all posts that KSF is only offered on slow moving cruises, and its a 'sales' gimmick/leaver to boost sales. DCL will not do this, just for families, they do it for themselves to boost sales.

Actually you can follow back DCLs use of KSF to its roots for Disney, in Disneyland Paris. There is the past for extended seasons, often the winter months after Christmas when bookings were low DLP offered Free kids, and it was one of the things that help turn DLP around.

Parents need a bribe to take kids out of school or on a an itinerary thats less popular, say Mexican riviera.

DREAM and FANSTASY are selling very very well, my joint cruises on Fantasy in 2012, is now up in price by $4.5k now, so with income like that, they do not need KSF.

I would suspect, the Magic cruises in 2012, that run in parallel to the Fantasy, may not sell well, ( why go on an older ship on the same route?), also after the starting innovation of Galveston, in fall 2012, I suspect the MAGIC, will not sell on that route, IE only to locals in the state of Texas, and surrounds, so they might get KSF.

Archived