Room Attendant (suite) - infant bottles?

(sorry about the title - wanted to try to make it relevant to the thread....)

We are travelling with a toddler who still has milk/formula two/three times a day: first feed of the day is in a spouted beaker, last feed in a bottle. Any chance that we can get the Room Attendant (Owners Suite) to get them properly cleaned (at home we clean them in the dishwasher - don't sterilise them)? I am assuming not (and we will need to muddle through - washing in very hot water and then maybe rinse out with recently boiled water), but just wonder if it is a reasonable/possible request?

Thanks

Boo

Just bring a bit of dish detergent and wash in the bathroom sink...the water gets sufficiently hot to clean them thoroughly. It's not reasonable or likely that your attendant will be able to do that. OR...get some of the disposable bottle bags....then you only have to worry about rinsing the nipples. There's nothing wrong with the tap water on the ship...it's totally purified and clean.

The steward has many cabins to clean; asking him to be responsible for washing your baby bottles is way over the top. Plus, I doubt the cruise line would condone or allow this. The legal liability if your baby got sick would be too great!

Bring a nanny or baby sitter and let that be an understood function of the job.

I wouldn't count on the room steward to do it because I doubt you'd get it back. Little things like that get lost VERY easily and that is one of those things you don't want to be without.

A little pack of dish soap should get you through just fine with the scalding water in your bathroom.

We tried last year for a grandchild who at the time was still more bottle fed then cup (just started sippy cup). Room Steward said no. He explained that if they put it in the commercial washers they use with all the other dishes it could get broken or melted ect. They do not want the responsibility or if the child got sick (botulism?) because it was washed with other things and did not get clean properly they would have a very serious lawsuit.

Archived