Radiance questions for 2011

I'm sailing on Radiance for the first time on July 15. Does anyone know who the current CD and captain are?

Also, as a seafood lover, I am hoping to find a lot of seafood choices for dinner in the MDR. Can anyone tell me if there are seafood choices frequently, what they are, etc?

Can't help with the Captain or CD...never's made a difference in our cruises! You won't find alot of seafood at sea, for some reason....what they have is pretty standard and not "exquisite" by any means. Your best bet is to find a restaurant onshore that will fulfill your seafood needs.

You would think a cruise would do seafood well (and plentifully), but that's not the case!

Just off the Radiance Panama Canal cruise. The CD has changed already since my cruise, our captain was Klaus, don't remember the last name.

In MDR most nights had at least one seafood main course offering. Anything from salmon to sea bass (which was very good) to shrimp or a fried offering. Nothing too fancy. Usually at least one appetizer would also have seafood. I usually picked the seafood offering every night, with the occasional beef or duck thrown in. I never had a dish that was just plain bad. Most were OK to good, with a few being excellent.

Just off the Radiance Panama Canal cruise. The CD has changed already since my cruise, our captain was Klaus, don't remember the last name.

Radiance's Captain is Claus Andersen. Regarding seafood on your Alaska sailing, I think I remember quite a bit of salmon being offered up there. Although it's been awhile, and I don't eat seafood! :o I do know that you will love the Radiance!

I'm sailing on Radiance for the first time on July 15. Does anyone know who the current CD and captain are?

Also, as a seafood lover, I am hoping to find a lot of seafood choices for dinner in the MDR. Can anyone tell me if there are seafood choices frequently, what they are, etc?

The rotating Captains on Radiance are Capt Claus Andersen (started rotation 4-25-11) and Capt Sindre Borsheim. Captains usually do a 10 week on and 10 week off rotation. So, it looks like you will have Capt Sindre for your sailing as Captain Anderson is due to take the ship to Australia in September.

You may have Keith Williams who is currently the CD on board.

In MDR most nights had at least one seafood main course offering. Anything from salmon to sea bass (which was very good) to shrimp or a fried offering. Nothing too fancy. Usually at least one appetizer would also have seafood. I usually picked the seafood offering every night, with the occasional beef or duck thrown in. I never had a dish that was just plain bad. Most were OK to good, with a few being excellent.

I agree Izzy, the sea bass was wonderful! :)

The menus are the same on all the ships and they recently added some new items. Here is a link someone did recently. It is from May this year.

Archived